Looking for an e-brew pro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MachineShopBrewing

Reaction score
Hey all, I am wanting to go all electric soon and am looking at getting a 25 gallon kettle that will be electric fired with 5500W element, and also building an electric HLT HERMS setup.

I am a CNC machinist and am looking for someone who may want to trade my machining work for their electrical expertise. Perhaps I can make you some cold plates for a TEC conical, or whatever you may need. If you can dream it up, I can usually make it. In return, I am looking for someone who either has, or can make a control unit with two PIDs(one for each element) with SSRs and heatsinks(Like a WAY scaled down Kal clone). Basically, I don't have great electrical knowledge and don't really have time to learn a whole new discipline. I would rather trade my expertise for someone else's expertise and that way we are both helped out. I want to be able to basically plug everything in to a 30 amp 220 dryer outlet and hook up the probes and be brewing. I will make all the kettle mods and have my welding department weld fitting on the kettles. I am planning on using these for the elements to go into the kettle rather than a weldless bulkhead type fitting.
Let me know if anyone is interested in a trade.

Also, if this is in the wrong place I apologize.

Thanks, but not looking to buy a complete kit. way overpriced. I can sit down and figure it all out if I have to, but thought I would see if someone would want to barter service for service.

It's really not that hard to put one together. I got most of my parts for around $600 and if you know what you want people here can help with the wiring diagram, then it's just put wires where the lines say. It took only a few days to put it together once I had all the stuff

I love the idea. Is there a local homebrew club where you could meet up with a local eBrewer? If someone drew up a customized Kal level instruction would you still be unwilling? With distance there are obvious challenges with purchasing parts, shipping parts, and making sure no one is getting screwed. Just thinking out loud.

I love the idea. Is there a local homebrew club where you could meet up with a local eBrewer? If someone drew up a customized Kal level instruction would you still be unwilling? With distance there are obvious challenges with purchasing parts, shipping parts, and making sure no one is getting screwed. Just thinking out loud.

Actually, some guys in my homebrew club could wire this up with their eyes closed. I am in a club with mostly engineers and some of them are automation engineers. They would be willing to help I'm sure, but none of them seem to need any machining done. I thought maybe I would check on the forum to see if someone may need some machining done who may not have access to it.

I am hoping to find someone who has had some part that they have wanted to build for a while, but didn't have access to a machine shop or didn't want to pay a shop to do it. That way both parties get something out of it.

Back