unintentional fruit something?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robotsNbeer

Reaction score
So one of our local grocers juices their own fruits to create, well, juice. I bought one, mid-September and forgot about it until the other night. When I pulled it out, I noticed it had...what looked like the trub from my homebrew and was carbonated?

I was SUPER excited thinking I just made some weird natural brew of some kind. My girlfriend is in medical school and they make students super paranoid so she made me dump it out without trying it :( it actually smelled like cherry limeade from Sonic (fast-food burger joint if you don't know what this is).

Anyone know what I made, or what nature made? Any way to know if it had any alcohol in it without trying it or testing it somehow?

I assume this happened because it was unpasteurized and had some natural yeast/bacteria in it? First image shows the swollen bottle, second is halfway through pouring out. Needless to say, I may buy this again and let it ferment without telling my girlfriend about it so she can't stop me :tank:

20121130_175328.jpg

20121130_180059.jpg

looks like pink campers!
Get the cupboard full of it and don't let her see!

Back