Lagunitas WTF

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllisTX

Reaction score
WTF is up with it this year? I'm drinking my first bottle and it seems much different than last years. Anyone had it yet this year that can confirm?

I haven't tried it yet this year, but it is one of my favorites from Lagunitas.

I've found that my palate has been altered quite a bit lately. I was on a DIPA / IIPA kick for a while and everything after that seemed very bland. I'm currently trying to drink as many milds and session beers as pos now to bring my tongue tolerance down again!

However, if I score some PtY this morning like I plan to, I may have to start over again...

I love Lagunita's about anything,didnt care for the Doppleweizen,not a goto style of mine though, really.
I hope its not the case this year, my palate has changed and i thought this of Dogfish 60 min,I think there is variance often. Im not shure if you can get the exact results with hops every time all the time every year and who knows if they switch things around though too. Alot of times its what you eat too, ive found many a six pack of the same thing , it seems they often taste differnet time to time.
Its often i try some local beers on tap and they seem to never be the same beer often,and sometimes i wonder if they gave me the right one,wtf?

I've got one more in the fridge. Tonight was a Yooper Pale Ale then Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout kind of night so I won't be drinking it tonight. Probably this weekend I'll crack it open. Maybe I was a bit sick or I ate something that made everything off. The one I had the other day just lacked the signature Lagunitas kick that I'm used to. I've never had the Doppleweizen but I'm with you on liking almost everything Lagunitas. Their New Dogtown is THE beer that turned me on to hops.

Back