Hello from Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been wanting to brew my own beer for a while and it's time to get to it and this seems like the perfect place to learn. Is there a guide for newbies anywhere on what's needed, what the process is etc? I don't know the differences between grain beer, hop beer etc. I drink anything from Miller Light to Guinness (not a fan of Pale Ales). Thanks! :mug:

Welcome, fellow chicagoite! Greetings from Wheaton.

Once you get settled, check out the Chicago group on here - we do group buys and whatnot.

Happy Brewing! This board got me up and started in brewing - took me from noob to the all-grain machoman I am today (ha!) ... all thanks to lots of great people on here.

Hi! Welcome from Oak Lawn in the SW burbs!

As for learning, here's four suggestions:

1. Look at the "beginners" forum here, lots of good tutorial material

2. You Tube is an amazing resource and you can actually see the process. You will want to see the "extract" brewing videos

3. Best online resource ever is How to Brew - By John Palmer

4. There's a good homebrew shop on the southside (in the Beverly neighborhood) called BevArt and they have home brew classes

Good luck!

Jim

Back