Beersmith - Are there way to differentiate a recipe and a brew session?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
Switched from Promash which distinguishes the two.

So far I can't seem to figure this out w/ Beersmith.

Why have the same recipe show up every time I brew it? Further I may have a base recipe and then had to make changes for each brew session. I hate to have 10 recipe files for the same base recipe.

Thanks all.

When you brew it, you copy it over to your "Brew Log" folder and make the desired mods/edits to that copy. For example; adding Taste Notes, etc...

Usually, I will also modify the file name with the brew date. (Pale_Ale_11_08)

Oh Geez. I never saw the brewlog thing. OK. That makes sense now. So just create different folders for different things. Have a recipe folder and a brewlog folder. Makes sense.

I just keep my recipes in the "root" directory, then move them to brew log when I brew them and add those notes. At the end of the year I rename the brew log to add the year to it. So I end up with a folder for each year.

I've been thinking about renaming the recipe to include my batch number for ease of tracking but I still haven't done this. I recommended a batch number field to the author before and he said he'd look into it or was working on something similar, but I haven't heard anything about it in some time.

I added a "theoretical" folder for messing about with different recipes. On brewday, I copy the recipe to the Brew Log, then use it to add notes, measurements, whatever. Once the brew is in the keg, I lock the recipe in the Brew Log.

Latest posts

Back