Just a couple questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawbossFogg

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'll keep it short, but looking for some direction. Been brewing off and on for about 15 years. Starting from scratch with a new modest all grain setup. Can't really afford multiple burners or kettles, so I'm gonna stick w the cooler mashing. However, I would like to start direct firing mash, but like I said$$..Anyway, staring w a 15 gallon Stout kettle. I'm ready for a pump and looking forward to whirlpool coning. My big question is should I use a plate chiller as I whirl the wort and subsequently use an aerator or just stick with immersion chilling/aerating in the fermentor.

sawbossFogg said:
Hey folks, I'll keep it short, but looking for some direction. Been brewing off and on for about 15 years. Starting from scratch with a new modest all grain setup. Can't really afford multiple burners or kettles, so I'm gonna stick w the cooler mashing. However, I would like to start direct firing mash, but like I said$$..Anyway, staring w a 15 gallon Stout kettle. I'm ready for a pump and looking forward to whirlpool coning. My big question is should I use a plate chiller as I whirl the wort and subsequently use an aerator or just stick with immersion chilling/aerating in the fermentor.

IMO if you are looking at setting up what appears to be a single twit system or a tower set up and adding pumps then for sure get a plate chiller, it's just logical.

Back