CO2 Regulator Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewPiper

Reaction score
I'm just putting together my kegging system for the first time, and I'm having a problem with my newly purchased Foxx Dual Gauge Regulator (purchased brand new from LHBS). The "hi" output gauge is properly measuring the amount of gas in the tank, but the regulator's "lo" outputs (which go to the output, and the output psi meter) are not working. In other words, the regulator is registering the gas in my tank, but isn't letting it out. There were no instructions with the regulator, so is there some easy preliminary thing that I have to do that I simply haven't, or is it just a faulty regulator?

Here's a link to the product: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f142/foxx-co2-primary-regulator-double-gauge-234785/

PS. Yes, I've opened the valve at output hose, so I know it isn't that.

So you've opened the valve on the co2 bottle itself, and turned the screw to increase the pressure being released into the system, and turned the red lever to be parallel with the output line and still nothing? No gas sounds at all that you can hear?

I'm just putting together my kegging system for the first time, and I'm having a problem with my newly purchased Foxx Dual Gauge Regulator (purchased brand new from LHBS). The "hi" output gauge is properly measuring the amount of gas in the tank, but the regulator's "lo" outputs (which go to the output, and the output psi meter) are not working. In other words, the regulator is registering the gas in my tank, but isn't letting it out. There were no instructions with the regulator, so is there some easy preliminary thing that I have to do that I simply haven't, or is it just a faulty regulator?

Here's a link to the product: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f142/foxx-co2-primary-regulator-double-gauge-234785/

PS. Yes, I've opened the valve at output hose, so I know it isn't that.

So nothing comes out when you open the ball valve? What happens when you pull the pressure relief valve? Have you tried adjusting the pressure? Maybe it's just turned all the way down to zero.

Back