Raleigh, NC -> time for a liquid lunch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Guys,

Greenshield's Brewery and Pub in Cary seems to be open now. We could go there for another luch meeting.

Another option would be my back porch. I live close to 54 in Morrisville. We can get take-out pizza, sit there and enjoy our own beer. If we do this soon, there will still be some Doppelbock left ;).

Kai

Baron von BeeGee said:
A flight and a taxi (I'll even pick you up)!

I'm down for either one, especially now that the weather is nice. Wasn't another hbt'er going to be around for business or something?

I thought so, but no need to wait. We can have another meeting anytime.

Kai

Truble is supposed to be here at the end of next week. (Wed, Thurs, Fri). I told him to post a message with details when he had them, and that he should put "GRABASS" in the subject to draw the proper attention.

I will be out of town from April 9th through April 17th, but other than that I would be up for lunch at the pub, or we could hold court with the Kaiser. Makes no difference to me.

-walker

Baron von BeeGee said:
Nobility only, or is Jeff invited?

;) :D

we'll have to promote him, I think. If we don't he'll be forced to pour for us and avert his eyes.

Prime Minister BOSTONBREWIN'? Nah, too long.

Lord Protector BOSTONBREWIN'? Again, too long.

Sir BOSTONBREWING'? That sounds good.

-walker

Baron von BeeGee said:
He could be my seneschal.
I had to look that one up. :)

Baron von BeeGee said:
(that should bring him out of whatever hiding he's in. is he on vacation?)

Jeff? Yeah, he's on vacaction in Florida, and gets back on Sunday.

-walker

yeah. he's sent a few PMs to me to tell me what beer he has been drinking, but I think he's trying to focus on the vacation thing. If I were on vacation and logged in here to start reading posts, I would be sitting in front of a computer for a few hours, I bet.

-walker

Just got back from FL.....a fun-filled week of golf, surf-fishing, cigar smoking, fine dining, beer drinking & Disney. I need a few days to recouperate.
Sorry I'm late to post, internet access was sporatic. I am free to GRABASS all week. Kai's house or Greenshield's sounds good. Has anyone heard from Truble?

SWMBO and I polished off a six of Hoppy Hour IPA, I now have a major Jones to visit the brewery in Fayetteville. We also have an open invite to sample the wares at Duck-Rabbit. Does end of April look good for everyone? Check your schedules and report back.
Lord Jeff (how's that?)

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
SWMBO and I polished off a six of Hoppy Hour IPA, I now have a major Jones to visit the brewery in Fayetteville. We also have an open invite to sample the wares at Duck-Rabbit. Does end of April look good for everyone? Check your schedules and report back.
Lord Jeff (how's that?)
End of April is the beer fest, dude! D-R and Mash House should be represented in one convenient location. I would still like to hit the actual brewery (D-R) sometime.

Kai, this would be a good week to make the exchange...I'm hoping to get the keggle functional and take another stab at the hefe.

Baron von BeeGee said:
So can we do this Friday? I have a class Wed/Thursday which will preclude me from going to an external lunch gathering.

Sounds like a deal. I just called Greenshields and they are up and running. So we should go there on Friday:

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=1077+Darrington+Dr,+Cary,+NC"]http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=1077+Darrington+Dr,+Cary,+NC[/ame]

And yes, I'm also up for visiting the D-R.

Kai

Baron von BeeGee said:
Perfect. I'll pack you some 3068 with all due care.

11:30-11:45 (beat the rush)?

yep the time sounds righ.

How much lb Pilsner malt do you need?
I'll also bring a cooler for the yeast.

Kai

Goddangit. I forgot my wife has her 4th month checkup Friday at lunch. I pretty much can't miss that, can I?

Kai, when do you need the yeast? For this weekend or later? It's no problem to get it to you. In terms of the Pilsner I really only need ~6lbs for my next batch, but if you wanted to double that I can deal with that, too. Whichever is more convenient for you.

Baron von BeeGee said:
Goddangit. I forgot my wife has her 4th month checkup Friday at lunch. I pretty much can't miss that, can I?

Ask her. I went to some of the check-ups with my wife (this baby and the first one) but there were some where she said that I don't have to go b/c it will be boring and there won't be ultrasound or other things to see ;). But yes, she should have priority.

Kai, when do you need the yeast? For this weekend or later? It's no problem to get it to you. In terms of the Pilsner I really only need ~6lbs for my next batch, but if you wanted to double that I can deal with that, too. Whichever is more convenient for you.

I plan to brew this weekend. If we don't go for lunch, I can just meet you in the parking at work. It was Sony/Ericson on Davis, right? I can give you 12lb for $12 so you have some on hand when you brew again.

Kai

Kai...

I spoke with Jeff last night, and we are both down for meeting Friday at Greenshield's.

I know Billy can't make it, but are you still interested?

Also, there is a new guy on the forum (slushy1975) in Morrisville, and I see that you already extended the invitation to him.

I'm still trying to wrench a response from Truble about whether he is actually here in NC right now or not.

-walker

Imperial Walker said:
I spoke with Jeff last night, and we are both down for meeting Friday at Greenshield's.
yep, I'm still interested

Also, there is a new guy on the forum (slushy1975) in Morrisville, and I see that you already extended the invitation to him.

It's up to him. We will have other lunches in the future where he can come.

Kai

Let's make it 11.45a to beat the luch crowd.

BTW, I ran into Slushy???, another Raleigh area member of this board, when I was the LHBS today. He may want to join us as well.

Kai

Kaiser said:
Let's make it 11.45a to beat the luch crowd.

BTW, I ran into Slushy???, another Raleigh area member of this board, when I was the LHBS today. He may want to join us as well.

Kai

sweet.

-walker

what's the address of this place? On google, I'm only finding a Greenshields in downtown Raleigh.

-walker

I thought you were actually skipping out on work. I was right behind you on the drive back toward RTP, but you turned left off of 54 before getting to Airport Blvd, and I thought you were just headin ghome or something.

-walker

PS: every friday is krispy kreme day here at the office. Coffee and doughnut for breakfast, beer and cheeseburger for lunch. I'm very healthy, you know.

Baron von BeeGee said:
Dunkin Doughnut cake thingies...;)

I't isn't even spelled that way ;) (Dunkin Donut is the reason why the "Doughnut" spelling is pretty much unknown in New England ;) )

But that was a great Lunch BTW. We should do this more often. I enjoed it more than the "team"-lunches that I go to from work every week.

Kai

Imperial Walker said:
I thought you were actually skipping out on work. I was right behind you on the drive back toward RTP, but you turned left off of 54 before getting to Airport Blvd, and I thought you were just headin ghome or something.
Naw, that's just the fastest way over to S. Davis Drive. But I am considering a nap.
Kaiser said:
But that was a great Lunch BTW. We should do this more often. I enjoed it more than the "team"-lunches that I go to from work every week.
We'll squeeze as many in as we can! Forgot to ask you the date...

Kaiser said:

Kai

I've got a fairly regular schedule of meetings at work that eliminate me from being able to join on Tuesdays or Thursdays, but I would sign up for weekly lunch gatherings on M, W, or F. (Friday would be my preferred day.)

-walker

Back