My Brew Closet is getting full!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
4zn5ton.jpg

• Apfelwein
  • Cinnamon Apfelwein
  • West Coast Red Ale
  • Blue Moon Clone
  • Grape Juice Wine
  • Pomegranate Wine Experiment. (is it really even wine if there are no grapes? Maybe a "Hard Pomegranate")
  • Nut Brown Ale in bottles.

The 2 cases of bottles are in their second week of conditioning. they are actually my first brew. The Red Ale will be bottled this weekend, the Blue Moon will be racked to secondary this weekend, and I will be brewing Kolsch this weekend as well! There won't be anymore room after this weekend!

I guess that's a good thing!:D

Impressive! I think you started brewing at roughly the same time as I did, and you're blowing me out of the water! I'm a little ashamed to have only done a couple brews plus Apfelwein ..... I gotta get cracking!

DaveyBoy said:
Impressive! I think you started brewing at roughly the same time as I did, and you're blowing me out of the water! I'm a little ashamed to have only done a couple brews plus Apfelwein ..... I gotta get cracking!

Yeah...I'm with you...Tally and I brewed our Nut Brown Ales on the same day but he obviously has made much more progress than I.

Make sure you keep us updated on the Pomegranate Experiment.

TravisKilPatrick

I used 2 1/2 lbs of brown sugar and a generous shake of the cinnamon shaker, and I threw 2 cinnamon sticks into the primary.

LONEK

The sleeves came with the carboys. I got a killer score on Craigslist the other day! CHECK IT OUT HERE
The guy who I bought them from had his wife sew them to keep the light out. They are also good for storage because they provide a barrier between the carboy and other hard objects!

Time to start building a kegerator (look on craigslist again for a chest freezer or fridge)

I'd hate to have to bottle another 20 gallons of beer.

You can't fool me, those are four sleeping bags with glass jars sticking out of the top! :D Good job getting the brew closet filled!

dantodd said:
Time to start building a kegerator (look on craigslist again for a chest freezer or fridge)

I'd hate to have to bottle another 20 gallons of beer.

I'm actually in the process of doing that. I've got several emails in my inbox right now of people trying to sell me their chest freezers. Right now it looks like a 14.2 cubic ft for about 50$. And I've already got a lead on some 3 gallon cornies......:cross:

3 gallons are soooo expensive. My LHBS was just bought out by morebeer.com and had rebuilt 5 gallon ball lock cornies for $20 each at their grand re-opening. About the same price as non-rebuilts on eBay and no shipping.

Inspiring my friend. I always love seeing pictures of other peoples brew setups!

My question is, how are you controlling fermentation temps in there? That's the one thing I've noticed with my closet, it stays at pretty much a constant 74-76 which IMO is too hot for my brews. I have both my Weizen and Porter sitting in ice baths as we speak, but would love to get a fridge that I could temp control just to simply things.

I'm hoping to get two more brews in this week / weekend and then I'll be pretty darn close to what you got right there. My problem is, my closet space is running out just like you... Eep!

To the obsession! :mug:

Back