Forgot to buy Wheat... Alternatives?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewtotel

Reaction score
Tomorrow I'm trying a wit, and had intended to buy a pound or so of flaked wheat to steep for 20 minutes prior to the boil... I forgot to buy the wheat and the homebrew store, and now it's 10:30 on a Saturday night and I'm SOL on flaked wheat.:(:(

Is there a grocery store alternative I could use? Plain shredded wheat? Cracked Wheat?

Ideas?

I know its not exactly what you asked, but if its your first time making the style I think you should just wait it out and make it in a day or 2 or however long with the proper ingredients rather than try bypassing it, especially when its a fairly important piece of the puzzle

I suppose you could take a walk down the cereal isle and see if something would work there. Though I wouldn't hold my breath, I'm not sure that some of that would work... make sure there aren't any preservatives.

Latest posts

Back