Cold room build ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking a guess that the open circles are light fixtures and the other are outlets. Your dimension for the coldroom's depth is covered by the line of the shed. How deep are you planning and what are you hoping to be able to store inside?

I had wrote 2 feet. When I took a better look I revised it to 3 feet. The open circles are lights the the circle with lines are outlets.

I hope to store my carboys and kegs in the room. Along with various other refrigerated items.

Three feet isn't much space. Hallways in homes are mostly that wide. Place shelving along one wall deep enough to hold a beer case (16"). Measure the width of your shoulders. Now imagine trying to carry a carboy in the remaining 20".

Three feet isn't much space. Hallways in homes are mostly that wide. Place shelving along one wall deep enough to hold a beer case (16"). Measure the width of your shoulders. Now imagine trying to carry a carboy in the remaining 20".

I was considering placing a shelf of the two outside walls then I could fit 4 carboys on each wall.

We can't tell you what would be best. WE don't know what exactly you're planning on using it for.
Tape off the proposed size on the floor. Sit everything you want in there arranged how you'd want it. Now walk around in there as if you'd be performing the tasks you'll be performing. Is there enough room? Too much, too little? Once you have your size, then you can pick your cooling unit from that.

I like the design with the full three foot wide room. I doesn't take as much space out of the main building and won't leave you with that awkward L-shaped main space. I'm guessing the window is there for the ac unit? Windows have very little insulative properties. I'd suggest just an opening in the wall that the ac unit fits in to limit the cold loss, but that's just my opinion.

Back