Group Buy in Chicago #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again for doing all the leg work, Bill.

Class act, that guy.

Now I just need this damn hop harvest to trickle to us homebrewing plebs, and I should be back in business!

You're much too kind! we all need to get together sometime and exchange home brews and tall tales with each other.

what would you be interested in just in case something does pop up?

Honestly, just about any specialty malt -- right now I have none. My m.o. is to go shopping first then put together a recipe instead of the other way around. I enjoy the challenge of buying random stuff and trying to make something from it.

Honestly, just about any specialty malt -- right now I have none. My m.o. is to go shopping first then put together a recipe instead of the other way around. I enjoy the challenge of buying random stuff and trying to make something from it.

everything in this buy is accounted for. thanks.

Just wanted to give a quick thanks to bmason1623 and Demon for putting this together. I'm sure I speak for others as well. Your efforts are really appreciated. Thanks!

ok, allthingsgiant picked up his grain about 5 minutes ago. ThatGuyRyan will be picking up a bag that somehow we missed on Saturday. And I still have a couple of small bags on the split orders for wernerherzog that I mis-weighed (is that even a word?) when doing the splits. This buy had 9 splits and the splits were not evenly split across the board (i.e. 2/3 bag for one person, 1/3 for another) so it got a little confusing but we took care of it. Also, bpolivka's sole bag of wheat was not included in the shipment. I wound up giving him my bag of wheat. I should be getting that replacement bag today via fedex. All in all, not too bad for our third buy. Thanks to Demon for helping coordinate/run this latest buy, and thanks to everyone else for making this happen. Happy brewing!

allthingsgiant said:
Yes, big ups for the group buy! Cheers!

Allthingsgiant, me and demon almost gave up on you and sold your grain to someone else. Glad you came through at the last second. Happy brewing.

Sent from my Android phone using Home Brew Talk

Also, bpolivka's sole bag of wheat was not included in the shipment. I wound up giving him my bag of wheat. I should be getting that replacement bag today via fedex.

Thanks again for giving me your bag of wheat! Very kind of you. Glad to hear you got it worked out and that you got a replacement.

I realize it's only been a couple of weeks since the last group buy. I'll be here waiting patiently for the next one!

cool cuz im waiting too, btw brew and grow have anniversary sale tomorrow (15% off on everything 25 on yeast and carboys i think) im gona get few things and sack or two of 2-row (for like $34 per 55lbs)

cool cuz im waiting too, btw brew and grow have anniversary sale tomorrow (15% off on everything 25 on yeast and carboys i think) im gona get few things and sack or two of 2-row (for like $34 per 55lbs)

I'm stopping there in a few hours to stock up on yeast.

I'm stopping there in a few hours to stock up on yeast.

They have mostly smack packs so i was afraid to stock up on those but i should have to buy few more of the dry kind for emergency brewing

ugh. Stopped by today since I'm desperate for more grain already... 68 bucks for a sack of Baird's Pale. Minus 15 percent still equals 58 plus tax. Price from group buy without shipping = 33. I just couldn't do it.

ugh. Stopped by today since I'm desperate for more grain already... 68 bucks for a sack of Baird's Pale. Minus 15 percent still equals 58 plus tax. Price from group buy without shipping = 33. I just couldn't do it.

But canadian 2-row was only $33 for 55lbs bag, and tax on malt is the same as on food so 2.25% or so

Wernerherzog said:

:)

Sent from my Android phone using Home Brew Talk

i will have to skip this one, i have 2 more brew days scheduled before winter and then i have to suspend my brewing till spring (dont have water line in my garage :()

Who's up for Chicago Group Buy #4 run by yours truly for delivery st the usual place?

Hops are included BUT we have to pay the price that's listed on the home brewer's catalog and not the wholesale catalog. In all honesty, pricing isn't all that great. Maybe Niilo can run the hops buy?

Is it any cheaper than hops direct? If not I'll just order from them.

I don't know but I recall that the pricing was ok but not great. Once I get ready I'll post a new thread and people can PM with their requests. Need to sign up for a full membership on HBT first. :)

bmason1623 said:
I don't know but I recall that the pricing was ok but not great. Once I get ready I'll post a new thread and people can PM with their requests. Need to sign up for a full membership on HBT first. :)

Please post a link to the new group buy in this thread when you do.

would it be too much to ask if we could keep the splits to a minimum amount of people per bag? this is where the buys are not only extra work but also the most prone to discrepancies. Ideally, if we could at least keep the splits to ven splits, i.e. one bag split evenly 3 ways. What I'm trying to avoid is a scenario where one person gets 1/5, 1/4, 1/3 and the odd ball 3/25. I'm exaggerating but you get the point I hope. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back