• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mini Brew mash/lauter tun and Igloo HLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chipster27

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm selling my Mini Brew mash/lauter tun and Igloo HLT.

The MLT has been used 4-5 times and is in great condition. It's made by a company called Hobby Beverage Equipment Co and is specifically built for this purpose.

The MiniMash Lauter Tun is a round, 15 gallon tank will hold up to 35 lbs of grain. Tank is 21 3/4" tall by 15" in diameter. 3/32" screen holes are ideal for a good filter bed. 5/16" thick walls provide mass for strength and good insulation. Transfers BTUs 100,000 times slower than stainless steel based on BTU transfer rate high-density polyethylene (HDPE).

Mine does not have the sparge arm, instead it uses a fitting that gently sprays the top of the grains in a uniform pattern. When used with a HERMS system I've had some very high efficiencies with it.

**Tri-clover fittings are NOT included**

New it retails for $249, I'd like to get $150 for it.

The HLT is a basic 10 gallon Igloo cooler converted with a fitting and ball valve. It was used once and have not used it since. The fitting does not leak and it's a great set up.

I think new the cooler and weldless fitting are about $80, I'd like to get $40 for it.

I'm in So Cal, if you're local you're more than welcome to come see them. The only reason I'm selling them is that I've built a single tier brewsculpture and want to convert to a stainless HLT and mash tun.

chip at webs4racers dot com

CIMG2670.jpg

CIMG2673.jpg

CIMG2669.jpg

CIMG2671.jpg

CIMG2675.jpg

CIMG2676.jpg

CIMG2674.jpg

you might want to get the title of this posting edited.

The fact that it says "mini" in it when your MLT is actually a pretty damn big 15 gallons vessel is going to mislead some people. When I read the title, I was picturing a little 5 gallon or smaller mash tun for making mini-mashes for partial-mash brewing, and not something capable of holding 35 lbs of grain.

The folks who could use this item might skip right over the thread because of that "mini".

:mug:

Those are pretty cool, I considered them when I was searching for my new system.

you might want to get the title of this posting edited.

The fact that it says "mini" in it when your MLT is actually a pretty damn big 15 gallons vessel is going to mislead some people. When I read the title, I was picturing a little 5 gallon or smaller mash tun for making mini-mashes for partial-mash brewing, and not something capable of holding 35 lbs of grain.

The folks who could use this item might skip right over the thread because of that "mini".

:mug:
Good point! I'll edit it! I just called it "mini brew" because that's what the product is called, but you're right, that could be deceiving!

Thanks!

Back