Has anyone built an outdoor kitchen with brewing in mind?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grahamtwatson

Reaction score
I'm planning on building an outdoor kitchen - it will be under a roof, but only two walls. Plan is to have a Smoker/Barbeque, a couple of sinks and a gas range. I'm planning that the gas range be more along the lines of a one level brewing sculpture than a normal cooktop. Has anyone done anything similar, or have any suggestions?

I am about to undertake a paver patio with a barbeque area and am definitely keeping the brewing process in mind. Ill be watching this thread!

Well, I built an outdoor kitchen and I did keep brewing in mind. This was prior to ever brewing beer, but I just knew I would be getting into the hobby while I was building it. I ended up incorporating a power burner that I could use for extract brewing. Well, I ended up jumping to AG but I still use that burner for the HLT.

IMG-20130615-WA0001.jpg

Well, I built an outdoor kitchen and I did keep brewing in mind. This was prior to ever brewing beer, but I just knew I would be getting into the hobby while I was building it. I ended up incorporating a power burner that I could use for extract brewing. Well, I ended up jumping to AG but I still use that burner for the HLT.

Do you have any plans or pictures of the layout you used? I'm thinking of either building a single level sculpture into the design or just adding a power burner (or possibly two) next to the grill/range.

As I look further into this, I'm thinking I'm going to want to integrate something like a couple of these burners into my countertop, as I can't find any proper cooktops with sufficient heat output for less than $1000 or more. I'm going to be making my counter top out of tile over cement board, and running it up to the outside ring of the burner, which will be positioned about a 1/2 inch higher, so that the burner looks like it's an insert.

What I'm trying to do is disguise a single level brewing sculpture so that it looks like an integral part of an outdoor kitchen. My plan is a counter with a built in grill, then my brewing sculpture looking like a couple of burners built into the counter top, then a nice big sink.

A few questions:-
  1. Any recommendations for burners to be used in this way?
  2. I'll use an adapter to convert to natural gas. Any recommendations here?
  3. Will this actually work? :confused:
  4. I'd like to have "proper cooker knobs" rather than an inline screw tap on the hose. Suggestions?
  5. Will I be able to sufficiently control the heat output to be able to use these for "normal" cooking?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back