SS Oatmeal Stout clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slatkin

Reaction score
This is an extract and grain recipe that calls for Wyeast 1084 Irish Ale Yeast would AleSafe us 05 work close? I dont use the liquid yeast and a complete noob. Thanks for any help.

I think you'll be absolutely fine with US-05 dry yeast. When I'm brewing a stout I'm (usually) not really looking for much character from the yeast, so a neutral yeast should be just fine. Although I've never used the yeast they're calling for, so someone else may have a different opinion...

I think you'll be absolutely fine with US-05 dry yeast. When I'm brewing a stout I'm (usually) not really looking for much character from the yeast, so a neutral yeast should be just fine. Although I've never used the yeast they're calling for, so someone else may have a different opinion...

I like his opinion. Probably his right.

Thanks. I am going to try this hopefully this weekend and will let everyone know how it turns out. I have had good luck with this yeast on the few brews so far and like to just hydrate and pitch. bubbles pretty fast and hard but seems to be finishing a little higher FG than i want.

Back