First bottling day.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbsayers

Reaction score
Just finished bottling my first brew. Went really well thanks to all the advice given on the forums. Thanks all! Now the wait for carbing and maturing.

JB

ForumRunner_20121012_225927.jpg

ForumRunner_20121012_225959.jpg

ForumRunner_20121012_230041.jpg

What kind of container are your bottles in? I haven't seen that in the U.S. but looks really handy.

You're 7 bottles shy :) Nice job.

Are those 12oz. bottles? Did you ferment 5 gallons or were you under? Loss due to hydrometer readings?

I'm just asking because I will be bottling next week. I was expecting ~50 12 oz. bottles.

We usually get 48/12oz bottles out of 5 gallons. Looks nicely done. Haven't lived on Sterns rd for years,& that was before I480 & the shopping center on the corner was a huge red barn & horse pasture...

What kind of container are your bottles in? I haven't seen that in the U.S. but looks really handy.

They are plastic crates similar to what they use to deliver bread. I found them on cragslist in the Akron, OH area. I doubt the guy still has some but I could check for you.

They are great! They hold 54 regular style bottles perfectly.

JB

Are those 12oz. bottles? Did you ferment 5 gallons or were you under? Loss due to hydrometer readings?

I'm just asking because I will be bottling next week. I was expecting ~50 12 oz. bottles.

They are 12 ounce bottles. Mostly Sam Adams Octoberfest bottles that I saved. I expected 5 gallons but ended up with about 4.5 due to losing a little more in the boil than I expected (it was the first time I ever brewed) and some transfer loss when racking to 2ndary and taking gravity samples. I ended up with 41.5 bottles. Tastes pretty acceptable already. Can't wait til it ages and carbs a couple weeks!

JB

Back