Auber Contactors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the hot line of your switch goes to one side of the center (the coil) and the neutral goes to the other side.

It does not matter what side the live 240V lines, are attached to. Just make sure that both sides match up. (e.g. If Hot A is on the left side on one side, it should also be on the left side on the other.) Here is a shot from my panel.

PC120585.JPG

Note: This photo is of a 240V coil contactor, in your case one side of the coil should be hot (black) and the other side neutral (white).

Got it, that's how I thought it was supposed to be hooked up, just wanted to make sure. It will still be over a month before I get a chance to power this up because I am still on deployment. Just got everything mounted last night and beginning the wiring up tonight.

Thanks for the help.

Yep, the hot line of your switch goes to one side of the center (the coil) and the neutral goes to the other side.

It does not matter what side the live 240V lines, are attached to. Just make sure that both sides match up. (e.g. If Hot A is on the left side on one side, it should also be on the left side on the other.) Here is a shot from my panel.

PC120585.JPG

Note: This photo is of a 240V coil contactor, in your case one side of the coil should be hot (black) and the other side neutral (white).

Just curious, did you wire your SSR BEFORE your contactor? Feed---SSR---Contactor---Outlet?

Just curious, did you wire your SSR BEFORE your contactor? Feed---SSR---Contactor---Outlet?

There are two contactors, one from the main power feed, and one before the element outlet. The power comes in through the black inlet, goes through the main contactor, then to the bus bar and the element contactor, one leg of the element contactor output is wired to the SSR and the SSR to the element outlet. Here is the full panel (there is also an easy to read wiring diagram in my eBIAB build thread, linked in my sig):

PC120585.JPG

Back