Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These two are JAOM just a few days short of two months. The one on the left has lemon instead of orange. Both are still bubbling away pretty clear. I thought they were to be almost bottle ready by now!

image-1695489696.jpg

hehawbrew said:
These two are JAOM just a few days short of two months. The one on the left has lemon instead of orange. Both are still bubbling away pretty clear. I thought they were to be almost bottle ready by now!

I mean right has lemon....

Depending on the yeast and temps it can take 30 - 100 days for a JAOM to fully clear and let the fruit drop. Give it time. Patience is a virtue with JAOM.

Depending on the yeast and temps it can take 30 - 100 days for a JAOM to fully clear and let the fruit drop. Give it time. Patience is a virtue with JAOM.

True. I just recently made a batch that cleared in 2 months, the fruit all dropped 3 days later. Fast forward a week later and the fruit came back to the top.

Seeing all these awesome meads makes me excited. I should unsubscribe to this thread so I forget about mine!

Just bottled my cherry chipotle mead. I find it sadly light on chipotle flavor( and that after adding 10 to a 3 gallon batch!) but it does add complexity. It's semi sweet, very rich tasting, completely clear and deep ruby red. Excited for this one to age a bit :)

image-494095366.jpg

Banana - lavender honey Melomel. Despite using nearly 3 dozen bananas, the lavender honey almost completely dominates the flavor.

I also can't believe that after 4 months, this thing is almost drinkable. This is a sample I pulled, FG 0.994, ABV = 15%

(Not sure why my cellphone rotates pics I take in portrait)

image.jpg

This is my mead in its very early form :) Denver allows two hives within city limits, and with two large parks with lakes just a few blocks away, plenty of things to gather nectar from. These went in just a week ago and already they are settled in and seem to be healthy and active.

hives.jpg

Here's a 1 gallon batch of JAOM that I started on March 7th. On May 1st it was clear and all the fruit sank. 3 days later, 1/2 of it floated back up.

9 weeks after pitching, I racked it off the fruit and lees on May 9th to what you see here. For the heck of the picture, I put box of Triscuits behind it.

I've got an airlock on it and I'm going to leave it like this f

ForumRunner_20130602_135217.jpg

or the next 6-7 months. Just in time for the holidays. I've never had JAOM older than a few weeks after bottling.

Two pictures of a red berry/forest honey mead I have been making. The picture of the 5L demijohn was taken shortly before bottling, the one of the 0.75L bottle shortly after...

Its roughly 2.5 months old and already tastes great which is why 1 out of 6 bottles total has already been used up, wonder how long the rest is going to last...

A new Vanilla-Chai batch is already underway (white crystal honey, vanilla beads, chai latte tea [without milk ofc]) and past primary, gonna rack the coming days, fill up with water, backsweeten and then let it mellow out for at least 2 months!

Melomel_Waldbeeren.jpg

Melomel_Waldbeeren2.jpg

The 5-gallon is a mandarin & fig melomel, and the 1-gallon is a juniper-mint-lemon metheglin
(though light on the lemon zest). Both started beginning of December & just had their second racking at the beginning of June. Both look great but letting them bulk age before bottling. The orange/fig needs some serious aging, still pretty hot & harsh (though at ~21% I'm not surprised).

image-3663925841.jpg

This is bob he is my big experiment of a mead I forgot what I put in it now I must guess when it's ready lmao

The temp turned cold now he has a warm belt for the winter I hope it finishes soon

image-2089206130.jpg

image-722093148.jpg

On the left is my strawberry mead, and the right is my JAOM. These are pre-pitched yeast... They foamed up a lot... So now it's not the prettiest at least the bottles aren't...

image-2758984536.jpg

Cracked open my first bottle of Tropical Melomel. I was a little concerned about how this one was going to taste, but after 10 months and a little back sweetening it has turned out way better than I thought. It's pretty damn tasty but I'm still going to let it age because I can only imagine it will get better. This bottle was a little cloudy because it was the last one in the bottling process so I got some of the trub. The others are crystal clear.

This was my first ever homebrew last december. It came out drier than i expected but still overall a great party mead.

ForumRunner_20130608_181556.png

ForumRunner_20130608_181501.png

image-3939146945.jpg

Variation of Joes Ancient Orange only difference was the yeast type. First patch I hope all went well

part of the bottling of a traditional mead with the homebrew club. I took 11 bottles home and left 10 for sale to the other club members. Straight up basic three ingredients, came in at 12% abv and is nice and smooth.

Really nice color and clarity!

freshmead.jpg

part of the bottling of a traditional mead with the homebrew club. I took 11 bottles home and left 10 for sale to the other club members. Straight up basic three ingredients, came in at 12% abv and is nice and smooth.

Really nice color and clarity!
Homebrew club selling their mead?

Homebrew club selling their mead?

Of course not! Sharing should be the word, and we all contribute back to the cost of ingredients, which go into the pot that buys more ingredients. Which are you, TTB or ATF?

Sara mc I sell my mead though I sell at such a high price no one buys so I get it alllll to myself hahhahahahahahahah

If any one wants a bottle though I have a fresh batch aging will swap in Queensland

But of course:

1 gallon:

3 lbs of clover honey
1 pint of blueberries
Lallemand 71b-1122 - 1 packet

Freeze the blueberries and then thaw them when you are ready to brew. Mix honey with warm water, drop in the blueberries and sprinkle on the yeast, top off with water.

I did SAN and punched drop the cap a few times a day for the first 3 or so days. After the mead clears (about 1 month or so) rack off and let age for a few months.

The mead in that pic is about 5 months old.

2 things:

1.) I wish I had used more blueberries, or maybe placed blueberries in the secondary.

2.) I really think punching down the cap and SAN works wonders.

I think it would qualify as semi-sweet, with a hint of blueberry. The color is nice and everyone seems to enjoy it. Sorry no OG FG measurements taken.

Enjoy!

thanks for that, one question, SAN? what does that stand for?

Staggered
Addition of
Nutrients

thanks,

awesome....thanks, lucky guess, LOL...can you please let me know how you did that exactly? I've read a few different ways I think.

thanks,

Back