My E-build with automation soon!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbrewsathome

Reaction score
Here's some pics (poor phone pics!!) of my build so far lots of extras to finish but got the basics for brew day going!! have a couple fittings to change( don't like the quality!) but will be brewing this week, wet runs went smoothly.
Also not many pics of the beginning as I wasn't taking them till it looked like something!

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

Please feel free to critique as its still not complete and the bulk of ideas came from this forum! Have a "skin" being made to label and dress up panel front.

50 amp build to facilitate back to back brews. Two 5500w elements. Brewtroller controlling pumps and temps right now, will replace ball valves with electric as funds allow!! Quick connects on all hoses for clean up etc. 12v pumps for now will see how they fair! Panel wired for 110v pumps as well, theres two ssr's not being used right now. Braised plate chiller, all water and drains hard plumbed with dedicated lines. We heat three buildings and all our domestic water with a wood boiler so the system is filled with 145degree water to start, hope to make brew days go quicker this way!! Dc pumps have speed controller wired in to play with circulation rates.
Rasberry pi used as UI, but again was just keen to start brewing as you can probly see by the commercial beer in pics!! Will keep working on Panel as brewing proceeds!

This stuff simply blows my mind. I can't imagine a time in my life where I will have the type of money to put one together (not exactly in a high income, though by choice)... this is like looking at an antique car magazine with rebuilds I would never be able to afford. Wonderful to look at, though.

How many batches have you run through?

Also, I have plenty of room to grow hops on my property. Have you found it to be as rewarding as it seems it would be?

How are you controlling your relays? And how are you interfacing your R-pi with the board controlling your relays.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

Looking great, especially the wiring job

Whats the story with the stand? Is that stainless or zinc on the top? I've built a table with zinc before, and that wasn't too hard to bend over the edges. I'd think stainless would be more of a challenge.

Countrygravy, thanks for the complements. Theres also some cars around here you might like, but thats for another forum!! The hops are great fun but now lots of work we started with a dozen and now are starting 1200 rhizomes!!

Jgalati, the relays and ssr's are controlled directly from the brewtroller board. The r-pi is conected on a network to see process and functions of the brewtroller, any pc tab etc could do the same.

BadWolfBrewing, Thanks. The stand top is stainless that one was in a kitchen in a bar that was renewed, I added some pieces to purpose for the brew stand. I have a brother in-law that owns a metalworking shop and we are just cutting and bending the pieces for the hood i'll post pics as it comes together.

After some first brews system worked decent, but added a blichmann hop rocket for extra filtration before pumps and endless possibilities there after!! Also just bought two chugger pumps as on of my little black ones scared me a couple times slowing and stopping then running fine again!

P.S. also have ordered some sample valves to start swapping out manual ones so as not to get kicked from this section of the form!!!

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

How did I miss this post? Nice build. I like the mix of industrial components and Brewtroller? Very nice and surprisingly clean for having no wireways ;).

How did I miss this post? Nice build. I like the mix of industrial components and Brewtroller? Very nice and surprisingly clean for having no wireways ;).

Thanks very much< Heres some pics of chuggers in and ready!! Just playing with ferm chamber and kegerator now!

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

Looking at the bottom picture, you have your hop rocket plumbed into the bk drain and then into a plate chiller? How well does that work?

The hop rocket is actually plumbed to the manifold with pumps I whirl pool through it then pump through plate chiller works great. If you look at pic of post previous to the last you can see the plumbing.

Back