What is the Premium/Lifetime membership benifits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenryals

Reaction score
??? I see the chart.. but what forums are there for premium menbers that are useful..?? and what's a brew babe?
Dont need another email address lol..
but would like to upload some pics once my first batch gets done.. i'm feeling like a proud father here :)

thanks for the info..

??? I see the chart.. but what forums are there for premium menbers that are useful..?? and what's a brew babe?
Dont need another email address lol..
but would like to upload some pics once my first batch gets done.. i'm feeling like a proud father here :)

thanks for the info..
Can't tell ya. Against the rules.:D

There's a couple extra forums you can go to as a premium member. You also get to participate in beer swaps. You get to support this site, less ads, get an avatar. I'm not sure if the email address for lifetime ever got implemented, but I wouldn't know as I've not gone to lifetime yet.

My guess is everyone without exception lol

I created this forum while drinking so it kind of sets a precedence.

I too also signed up for my paying membership whilst drunk. Another benefit is getting the smug satisfaction of paying for something you can get normally get for free. Like buying bottled water. :D

I can say with out doubt one thread about a 3 letter word that is a colour gets plenty of comments of "This thread was worth the membership alone"
There are a couple of social forums that get heavy use because you know the people viewing are "Known" and probably more committed to the forum and are real friends. It is also behind the "Google Wall" so you know if you post about your personal life it isn't going to turn up in a google search.
A lot of users feel that they want this forum to remain the best on the web and would lose out a lot if it wasn't around so are happy to support it.
There's then the less advertising, Avatar, picture, beer swap things.
I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

And I bet your glad you did! huh huh huh wink wink!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one who joined while sober, and because I was so thrilled with all the brewing knowledge? Apparently, I am! (Just kidding, of course)

I think it was around $20 per year when I joined, and I remember thinking, "Wow- I learned more in a week than I ever learned in any $20 book" so I ponied up within days of finding the site.

I went from asking, "My airlock isn't bubbling- is my beer ok?" to "What size hole size do I need to add my faucets to a kegerator", but I'm still asking questions all the time!

Am I the only one who joined while sober, and because I was so thrilled with all the brewing knowledge? Apparently, I am! (Just kidding, of course)

I think it was around $20 per year when I joined, and I remember thinking, "Wow- I learned more in a week than I ever learned in any $20 book" so I ponied up within days of finding the site.

I went from asking, "My airlock isn't bubbling- is my beer ok?" to "What size hole size do I need to add my faucets to a kegerator", but I'm still asking questions all the time!

I was sober!!! At least I think I was, I can't remember, that usually happens when I'm drunk. :drunk:

I think the premium membersip is definitely worth the fee, but I also think that it should be mentioned (At the risk of upsetting Tx) that the membership is useful mainly for social, entertainment and networking aspects. It is also helpful that you can post pics to improve your questions or advice giving. Pretty much all directly brewing related info necessary for a beginner is available free (With the ads)

The total experience of the comraderie of the site that membership brings cannot be underestimated, however.

Wow, Mulch Munchin Translucent, you actually said something reasonable?!??:D

Membership does offer all things mentioned, even by the munchkin. No ads is nice, posting pics help with your questions, the other side of the Google wall is WAY Fun and very worth the fee.

Pony up, it's not even the cost of a beer kit and you'll get so much more for the money.

Decals have gotten a lot better. I agree it used to be off. Could be a week or could be a few months. Now we try to get them out every week.

If it's been a month or two and you haven't got it check this out;

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f43/no-decal-click-here-now-77283/

After posting that I hadn't recieved my decal, I checked the mail on the way out of the house. It was there. I can only believe that TxBrew stuffed it in there to make me eat my words.

It takes a lot more effort to get this kind of abuse at work! Hell, it costs me more than the membership fee to get abused by my friends outside the web.

So pony up! And bite me.

I got my decal quickly, for what it's worth..
The hard part is deciding where to put it- do I want it on the car, the fridge, the wall(i'm single), the office, the desk?
How much is an extra HBT decal?

I got my decal quickly, for what it's worth..
The hard part is deciding where to put it- do I want it on the car, the fridge, the wall(i'm single), the office, the desk?
How much is an extra HBT decal?

Two evenings of unlimited homebrew, accommodations, and one plane ticket.

I'll forgo the big sloppy kiss. Unless you really want to. :tank:

I went lifetime amidst the post-Copperhed euphoria....

Speaking of which, Brewpastor hasn't been around much lately it seems. Usually about this time of year he's all excited about everything he's sending to to NHC. Hope all is well with him.

It's worth the $, I would have spent a whole lot more just experimenting with junk I didn't need.......but I'm still waiting for my sticker??? (hint)

Back