Goose Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever you do don't try this then:

bourbon_left.jpg

It's the darkest thickest beer I've ever drank. Got 3 bottles left that are aging.

The nut brown is fairly decent, 312 and the IPA I like on occasion as well.

Their IPA and Imperial IPA are, by far, the best that I've ever had in that style, especially on tap ! Honker's Ale is also one of my faves.

I am a big fan of their harvest ale and their Kilgubbin Red although I did not think it was as tasty this year as it was last year.

Naidirem said:
... their Kilgubbin Red although I did not think it was as tasty this year as it was last year.
Same here. I got a sixer a couple weeks ago and I remembered it being different. Still good, but not the same as last year.

As far as dark beers, the Hex Nut Brown is very good. Anything else they brew is either going to be a pale, IPA or Stout. The Christmas Ale and Harvest Ale are very good, but you'll have to wait for them.

Now, if you can find it and, if you like Belgian ales, try and find their Pere Jacques. It's pricey and only available in 4-packs, but it sure is tasty! It has a nice fruit and malt mix.

I lived across the street from Goose Island Brewery at North. Clyborn when I was out of college, above the chiro office. My bill from there was $500.00 a month couting beer and pool. Loved me some demo ale, christmas ale, and hex nut brown.

Back