Valentine day meal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxford brewer

Reaction score
Just come back from the local pub after taking SWMBO out for a meal(got a voucher for BOGOF),the beer in there(Green King IPA) had no taste no body and no aroma:( .
Before,i have wondered why i dont get in my local much......since i have drunk my own homebrew,i know why i dont get in there much!!!!!!!!!!:D

Here's to more equipment and more range:eek:

I'll probably get some hot tongue and cold shoulder, as I have school tonight, and won't be home until 9:30pm:D

jk-actually, we went out last week instead-Had a nice NY Strip with some garlic mashed, and a couple Guinness.

tonight at Casa Walker is Leftover Night. Today has been hectic with work and house-buying stuff, and SWMBO and I, after two kids, are WAY beyond celebrating this bogus day.

I did needle my wife last night with the comment:

"What are you getting me for Valentine's Day? I got you a gigantic house."

That comment will either prompt her to put on something small and see-through, or it will prompt her to put a pillow and blanket on the couch for me.

-walker

I am luckily one of the few men that has a wife that thinks the same way I do about this bogus holiday.

An excuse for jewelry stores and restaurants to gouge prices.

I don't need a stupid holiday for my wife to knowI love her.

If I bought her flowers today, she'd be pissed. She really would.

BlightyBrewer said:
Ahh, my old friend the pillow and blanket on the couch....wait a minute, you get a blanket! Lucky guy!! :D

I'll have to fight the dog for the blanket, but she only weighs in at 45 lbs and I'm pretty sure I can take her.

-walker

Walker said:
That comment will either prompt her to put on something small and see-through, or it will prompt her to put a pillow and blanket on the couch for me.
-walker
Pillow, blanket and couch? LUXURY. I'd get a pillow over the face whilst i SLEPT for that!!! :eek: :D

The BeeGeevians went out last Friday night for V-day dinner. We usually celebrate it, bogus or not, but we pick the day (can't take the crowds). That and I had to leave Saturday for a trip...tell you one thing, you do not want to be away on business trying to get a table in a restaurant for dinner on V-day!

i went grocery shopping and while we were in the broom isle, i told the 'ol lady to go pick out her ride home.

Mini-corndogs and french fries (we have two kids). Washed down with two Milwaukee Amber Ales.

Seriously, we have chosen not to observer V day, other than to exchange cards. We'll have a nice romantic dinner on another night that is not so crowded.

Back