Cam's on!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From looking at your archive pic, your shed really did burn down. Damn aliens.

Still waiting for the cam to come on. I guess it is a little too cold this time of the year for the bikini girl. Oh well, at least I have a front row seat.... lol

We have a boil.
First hops in.

I'm gonna celebrate with a brew.

I'm doing the hobgoblin. I want to perfect the procedures then I can move on.

rollingboil.jpg

orfy said:
I'm doing the hobgoblin. I want to perfect the procedures then I can move on.
So how was the first hobgoblin? What are you doing different? How does it compare to the original? Enquiring minds want to know! :)

The first one is in a corny keg so I can test it in a few weeks.

I only ended up with 14l in the racking bucket so for this one I've increased the boil volume to give me a ful 23l in the primary rather than 19l

I increased the grain and hops to compensate and I added 350g black malt instead of 150g along with 250g chocolate instead of 150 to make it darker.

I ended up with 25l post boil instead of the target 23l (Still need to dial in accurate figures) so my target OG is down a little but I'm not too worried about that.

I've kept some of the spent grain to make some goblin bread:D

Started at 13:00
Water ready for Mashing at 13:20
Into Boil Kettle at 14:30
Hot break at 15:15
Start to Cool at 16:20
Pitched Yeast at 17:10
Fermenting by 18:50

That's 1hr 40 to start fermenting:D I'm happy with that from dried yeast and no starter. I'm of to Africa on Friday, it may of finished by then.

If I wasn't going out for the evening I'd sit and watch it with a few of it's cousins.

Danstar Nottingham, I picked it because I don't realy like fruity tasting beer and although the room I ferment in is normally at 20c it sometimes drops if the heating not up high.

The Nottingham strain was selected for its highly flocculant (precipitating) and relatively full attenuation (transforming sugar into alcohol) properties. It produces low concentrations of fruity and estery aromas and has been described as neutral for an ale yeast, allowing the full natural flavor of malt to develop. Good tolerance to low fermentation temperatures, 14°C (57°F), allow this strain to brew lager-style beer. Recommended 14° to 21°C (57° to 70°F) fermentation temperature range.

Sorry I missed it! Great website! I thought your birdcam was really cool:) Oh and least I forget about your dog! I have a hearing dog and he is 1/2 lab 1/2 golden retriever.

I am already regretting using the n--- word...I am on another board that is all over the ninja/pirate thing........

Let's try brew chameleon??

orfy said:
She was going like a good'n this morning, the whirllygig thing was really happening.
Love your new avatar, Orfy...I've started to nick that one many a time myself. :D

Latest posts

Back