Ok, This Is Gonna Hurt,lol...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woog11

Reaction score
Ok here we go. A question to me, from me, to you.
Boones farm Apple Blossom is a flavored beer. Would there be a recipe anywhere out there to copy this? Or should i be in the wine department, or the grocery store,lol.
My wife really likes this stuff, and i'm making brew now, so ready or not here i am. Just doing my best to please the lady of the house. Your input would be great as always. Skip in AR...

It's a wine, don't know any recipe, sorry.
Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boone's_Farm

That is it, you are never allowed to post here again. j/k

BTW, if SHE likes it and you don't, just buy her some and brew what you want to.

I, however, detect that you are covering for yourself posing as your "wife."

Shame on you.

Apfelwein and Boone's Farm Sweet Apple Grossness probably have nothing in common other than "apple" in the name. Apfelwein typically finishes very dry, while the Boone's stuff is probably overly sweet. You can backsweeten any brew with a bit of lactose, Splenda, or other non-fermentable sweetener to get the flavor you desire, though.

Thanks for the edworts hint, i'll check that out. Just like a old western Heertsy,"ya got me", lol. No just teasin, i just get some jolly ranchers instead, it taste about the same to me.
Hey!!! Maybe i'll throw a couple in a beer and see. Naaa, not gonna mess up a good beer. ok going to bed now.
As usual thanks so much for the help and the ribbing. Wouldnt have it any other way. skip in AR...

Boone's is actually a "malt beverage"...but ya got me when it comes to making it. Probably LOTS of filtering, artificial flavors, etc.

Malt beverages like Boones use a process that removes nearly everything from the beer except the water and alcohol. Then they use flavoring and corn syrup to back sweeten. These processes is not generally available to home brewers and it is probably cheaper to buy it than brew it if it was possible.
However in addition to Apfelwein and it variants there are also Island Mist wine kits. That replicate the flavored, low alcohol (6-8%), wines available. These are not carbonated but are sweeter and may be something she likes.
Basically it is suggested to buy lite beer and malt beverages from the store and brew something that is good.

Craig

I know people have flavoured vodka using jolly ranchers, it would make sense that you could flavour a high adjunct beer the same way.

Thanks for all the help. Im not sure if im up to that task yet rhoobarb but there are good instructions. I'll try anything twice,lol. Looks like i was actually kind of close with the jolly rancher joke.
I will be trying this in the future. Gonna get my feet just a liiiittle bit wetter in this home brewing business.
Ive only started with one 5 gal blonde from a extract. Its lookin pretty good, with some great confirmation and confidence from some of you guys.
Ive got a watermelon wine started im not so sure about that.
I have 3 gal of wild muscadine wine finishing up from last year. probably could bottle this. A little oxidized, a little acidic, homeade recipe cant complain.
This week starting 5 gal of white muscadine wine, and 5 gal of red muscadine wine. I have a few more recipes, knowledge, and equipment now thanks to you guys. As always thank you for your time and help. That site will definitely help me rhoobarb. Skip in AR...

Maybe you should try a nice melomel...? Much better quality if you want to brew it yourself.

Back