Where the Hopslam at??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StophJS

Reaction score
Anybody in the West Michigan area know where I can get my hands on this wonderful seasonal? I know Butch's in Holland had it a year or two ago so maybe I'll just have to make a trip out there.

Mmm hopslam. Isnt it around february or march when it comes out?

now that I live on the west coast I will be bummed to miss out on one of my favorite brews

once jan-feb rolls around I would be down for pliny hopslam trades

now that I live on the west coast I will be bummed to miss out on one of my favorite brews

once jan-feb rolls around I would be down for pliny hopslam trades

Dude you live in Oregon and we will be bummed over the lack of hopslam?!?! Man o' man to have your problems here in VA.... Hopslams a fine beer no doubt, but the selection of IIPAs in Oregon and the west coast alone would console me just fine...:D

Hopslam is out just before spring I think. If it goes as normal, there will be several $20 6-packs at the local party store, and I'll grab one or two. The rest will sit there until Bells pulls them back to the brewery. We have very few beer snobs in town.

EDIT: Bells website says Hopslam was released in January of last year, so expect the same timeframe again this year.

Oh, I'm saving up my pennies starting today!!

The last time I picked some up was in Holland at Pete's Party store on the north end of Holland. In Grand Rapids, I would think Siciliano's would have it on Lake Michigan Drive. If they don't have it, I wouldn't even be able to guess who would.

As a matter of fact, I think I might have a pair of them down in my basement. Thanks for reminding me. I'll have to look when I get home. :D:mug:

Awesome so I guess within the next few weeks I should be able to snag some of those if it's like last year. I thought it was already out but sicilianos just didn't have it or something.

It tends to sell out rather quickly. Especially someplace like Siciliano's where they stock a LOT of microbrews from all over. It's obviously a place to go to find what you can't find in a grocery store. The place I went to has the typical coolers full of BMC with a bunch of other stuff as an afterthought so that's why I think I was lucky enough to find it when I did.

we have been waiting for this to come since last spring when it sold out. i love this beer.

Hopslam is out just before spring I think. If it goes as normal, there will be several $20 6-packs at the local party store, and I'll grab one or two. The rest will sit there until Bells pulls them back to the brewery. We have very few beer snobs in town.

EDIT: Bells website says Hopslam was released in January of last year, so expect the same timeframe again this year.

Oh, I'm saving up my pennies starting today!!

That party store sure has some mark-up. We can get it for $16 way down here. And, it's gone in a day or two.

That party store sure has some mark-up. We can get it for $16 way down here. And, it's gone in a day or two.

Yep. Craft beer is not a big seller in this small town. They have a singles door which you can mix and match for $2 a bottle. Even in the Bottle shop in BR there can be good beer with dust on the bottles. Some of it sells good, some of it doesn't.

Maybe this year I'll buy an extra 6-pack and see who wants a trade. I've never had Pliny.

:tank::tank:from Berkley, MI (near Detroit)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this site trying to locate some 2013 Bells Hopslam Ale. Still haven't found any on Draft or in Bottles. I even emailed Bells and asked them to send another case to a Party Store near me that already sold out of 10 cases. The rep at Bells was rather rude, and just told me to do the stuff that I had already done to find some. No Luck !
Didn't realize a "spring" Ale would already be sold out in the Home State of the Brewery by the end of January !! They're still shipping Hopslam to out of State locations, but I can't get any when I live 3 hours away from the Brewery. Every Bar and Retailer listed on Bells Beer Finder, that I have called is sold out. Anybody have any place near Detroit where I can try some of this Beverage for the very 1st time ?? I would appreciate it very much.

I went back to the party store in town and they are long gone. I guess enough fans have discovered the secret stash! Or the distributor decided to pull the remaining bottles out of there and send them to a bigger store. Either way, they were gone a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the update. Looks like I'll have to survive until the next batch comes out in 2014. Now, I have a Store saving me some when it comes in.

Back