Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night at the hockey game SWMBO was ordering beers for us. She got me a Southern Tier IPA and went to order for herself, but was staring at bud light. "Bud light, errrrrr noooooo I mean blue light!" is what came out of her mouth. She caught herself right after and was relieved that she didn't get the bud. She's no craft beer connoisseur, but hates Budweiser.

I've known several Brewers and Brewsters. There's a town and school called Brewer not far from here...it really isn't an uncommon name since brewing was a significant trade when surnames became popular (like Shoemaker, Cooper, Smith, Gardner, Carpenter, Cobb(ler), etc.).

The funniest beer related surname I've know has been Casebeer. Now that's impressive.

Edit: evidently iPhone doesn't Iike the word "surname."

I've known several Brewers and Brewsters. There's a town and school called Brewer not far from here...it really isn't an uncommon name since brewing was a significant trade when sir names became popular (like Shoemaker, Cooper, Smith, Gardner, Carpenter, Cobb(ler), etc.).

The funniest beer related sir name I've know has been Casebeer. Now that's impressive.

I knew a gobbler once. Wonder how her family got that last name?

My daughter goes to school with a kid named Murphy Stout. I wonder if his parents had any idea?

Murphys-Irish-Stout.jpg

My daughter goes to school with a kid named Murphy Stout. I wonder if his parents had any idea?

Murphys-Irish-Stout.jpg

If that kid goes to college in Portland he is going to be waist deep in beer drinking ladies. Lucky!

I've known several Brewers and Brewsters. There's a town and school called Brewer not far from here...it really isn't an uncommon name since brewing was a significant trade when surnames became popular (like Shoemaker, Cooper, Smith, Gardner, Carpenter, Cobb(ler), etc.).

The funniest beer related surname I've know has been Casebeer. Now that's impressive.

Edit: evidently iPhone doesn't Iike the word "surname."

College classmate had the surname "Drinkwine". I never asked him, but always wondered the origin of that name.

Well, first you gotta RDWHAHB or 7. Too much stress is my guess. Especially about your beer. Or prophetic foreshadowing.

I wish I would have more than the rare dream. Though when I do... woah they are weird or thematic. I had 2 whole years when the dreams I remembered on waking (all dozen and a half of them) I could fly (hover really, only could get like 12 feet off the ground) and was convinced that if I could remember how I do it upon waking up I could do it in real life. Then as I started waking up I started floating lower and lower. Weird.

Dont trust them Rapids NYers. They are an untrustworthy lot. Shifty eyes.
When I was in my twenties, I hung out with the same woman in my dreams for several years. To this day, I can remember exactly what she looked like, the fragrance she wore, the clothes she liked, etc.

Several times a year I'd awaken from a dream with her in it. None of them were exciting or sexy, though. We were just doing normal, mundane things like riding in a cab, eating at a restaurant, sitting in a living room talking (yes, I do remember the furniture), etc. We were in a city somewhere, it was always night time, and the weather was usually cool and wet: rain, fog, etc.

When I was in my twenties, I hung out with the same woman in my dreams for several years. To this day, I can remember exactly what she looked like, the fragrance she wore, the clothes she liked, etc.

Several times a year I'd awaken from a dream with her in it. None of them were exciting or sexy, though. We were just doing normal, mundane things like riding in a cab, eating at a restaurant, sitting in a living room talking (yes, I do remember the furniture), etc. We were in a city somewhere, it was always night time, and the weather was usually cool and wet: rain, fog, etc.

And did you wind up meeting said vixen in real life? Marry her?

I have to admit, I have had 2 dreams that I have remembered in the past week and the same young lady has starred in both of them, who I have never met before in real life. Who knows, she may be the one who balances me out and I can look forward to meeting her. The mind works in strange ways. Mine especially.

To keep from hijacking the thread with talk of nocturnal hallucinations, I created this thread.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/dreams-take-one-leave-one-508243/#post6566523

Now back to your regularly scheduled funny off topic things not about beer.

I have to admit, I have had 2 dreams that I have remembered in the past week and the same young lady has starred in both of them, who I have never met before in real life. Who knows, she may be the one who balances me out and I can look forward to meeting her. The mind works in strange ways. Mine especially.

Most of the people I encounter in dreams are people I've never met...and not even in a "I just dreamt I had lasagna with Scarlett Johansson and Mila Kunis!"-kinda way, but total strangers.

Dreams are a weird thing. Do we have a side thread on that yet?
EDIT: nevermind, just saw Jon's edit.

To keep from hijacking the thread with talk of nocturnal hallucinations, I created this thread.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/dreams-take-one-leave-one-508243/#post6566523

Now back to your regularly scheduled funny off topic things not about beer.

Nope. Never met her, or had a relationship with anyone who even resembled her. I did buy a ham and cheese sandwich in a bar one night from a gal who looked startlingly like her - but she didn't look, act or sound the same.

Just remembered this one from a number of years ago. Was having this big country dude try some craft beers at a beer fest (They had bud there) He seemed to like the fruity stuff as mentioned in earlier posts in the thread.

I thought the funny part was when he came back a few weeks later and said "I like drinking craft beer, but I like drinking beer too" basically meaning that since he couldn't drink a 12 pack in one sitting, he would just rather have Miller light. Ah, the mind of some people...

I have a buddy I work with that swears ALL of my beers taste like coffee. I gave him an amber pale ale and he still complained that it had too much "black coffee taste". I guess I shouldn't put too much into it, he orders Bud Light Lime whenever he goes out.

I have a buddy I work with that swears ALL of my beers taste like coffee. I gave him an amber pale ale and he still complained that it had too much "black coffee taste". I guess I shouldn't put too much into it, he orders Bud Light Lime whenever he goes out.

Maybe your beers suck, and all have the same off-flavor he's picking up on?

Except for your coffee stout. I hear that one's amazing.

Is he associating hop bitterness with coffee bitterness? Maybe give him a commercial pale ale and see if he identifies the same flavor.

My cat didn't like the smell of the airlock farts. But he liked laying on top of the beer boxes like The guard cat of the beer underworld...

Our cat tries to lick the floor where any beer (or wort) is spilled. I don't like to see beer go to waste either!

Back