good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirsloop

Reaction score
Here's the dilemma... im looking into getting a keggerator. I live in an apartment and don't really want a full size fridge. A sanyo 4912 would be PERFECT. At any rate... I found a keggerator local to me for 200 bucks. Its a full size unit setup for three cornie's... possibly 4 if I build a shelf for the c02, or leave the co2 outside the fridge. Its too f-ing big...IMHO... buts only 200 bucks.

"It comes with two corny kegs, a co2 tank, three taps/draught handles. There is a small riser on which the kegs and tco2 tank rest, it's prefect for storing yeast strains, extra hops (austin homebrew is having a sale on czech hops right now, i think), etc.
It's a normal-sized fridge...the photo is of the inside...the outside shot is really only useful if you wan to compare magnet collections.
let me know if you're still interested. "

kegger.JPG

whats your take? I can probably source all the parts I need for 200 bucks, but then I'd still need to source a minifridge, or straight up buy a sanyo 4912 for 220 bones.

Think I should ask a buddy to help me haul this thing into my kitchen, and if I run into a used 4912, part it out and sell the fridge? Please keep the responses reasonable. It took a good deal of persuasion to get SWMBO to allow a keggerator in the place at all.... bigger is DEFINITLY not better in this case!! I think the last thing she wants to see is a second monster fridge up in the place! HA! Fridge aside, do you think the parts are worth that? Try to haggle to 150?

sirsloop said:
Try to haggle to 150?

The first rule of negotiation is "everything is negotiable". I would certainly haggle. Point in case, it is used equipment. Albeit $200 is a good price, but I am sure you can get it for $165, so offer $150. Yeah ruthless bastids we is. ;)

Oh yeah and "Well I dunno, that thing is kind of BIG for my needs"

do you have any pics of the outside of the fridge? from the pic, it doesn't look that big to me. (i have a top/bottom full size fridge that fits 6 kegs inside).

and yea, 200 isn't too bad, but always haggle to get a lower price.

I decided against getting the full size fridge. At this point with me in an apartment, it makes absolutely no sense. I am currently chasing after a couple sanyo 4912's I found in queens and manhatten. Just waiting for emails. Both are under a year old... one $80 and the other $100. I offered to buy the parts above for $100... the co2 bottle, kegs, reg, taps, and lines... if he bites on that it would be sweet.

Back