whats in your mug tonight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My girlfriend and I will probably start off with some pours of Van Winkle, and then the Chimay. I think I'll save the two beers on the left for another occasion. I also have some homebrew.

booze.jpg

My girlfriend and I will probably start off with some pours of Van Winkle, and then the Chimay. I think I'll save the two beers on the left for another occasion. I also have some homebrew.

booze.jpg

Cellar that Life and Limb, I have one too and don't plan on drinking it for a year or 2. I had one on tap when it first came out and it had a lot of fusel alcohol taste to it still. A SN rep was at the bar and admitted that it was only about 3-4 weeks old at that point.

oh yeah, as far as my mug, mostly homebrew. I am taking a bunch over to a dinner party.

Jolly Roger Christmas beer, 8.7% 88 IBUs
Pliny clone 8.5% Gobs of IBUs
Session porter 4.5%
session wit 4.5%
RIS 9.5% IBUs disappearing into sweetness

labatt blue... :drunk:

the pipeline is sorely lacking this holiday season, all held up by lack of sanitizer, and siphon tubing, got none of that either..

Cellar that Life and Limb, I have one too and don't plan on drinking it for a year or 2. I had one on tap when it first came out and it had a lot of fusel alcohol taste to it still. A SN rep was at the bar and admitted that it was only about 3-4 weeks old at that point.

I'll probably drink it in the spring if/when we have another beer meet. I already had one a couple weeks ago and I thought it was awesome.

Mmmm, I think it was Biermunchers OctoberFast...or was it Ed's, either way I have had it sitting in the fridge since last October so its 13+ months old and it tastes so dame good, plus a little of the Appfelwine...mmmmmmm, made with Wheat yeast, forgot the strain, but it has aged the same time frame and all I can say is MMMMMMMMMMM...thanks guys for the best brew recipes. Happy new year!!!!!! Be safe and extra jolly.

+1 it is really hot... it needs at least a year. Maybe save it for next NYE? Ultimately up to you, just my $0.02

edit:

As for me... probably:

Bell's Two-Hearted Clone
Second runnings of a RIS partigyle (hopped to be an American Brown)
Second runnings of my Belgian Quad (a small dubbel, if you will)

I had some Russian Beers, That is all we could get here in Afghanistan. They are Called Number 9's (have a big 9 on the label) and are 9% ABV. Not too good, but they hit the spot.

Back