Free Shipping for Orders under $10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoNova

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this in case it would be useful to others. Mt. Washington Homebrew Supply (Mt. Washington Homebrew Supply, all your beer and wine equipment and ingredient needs) offers free shipping to first-time customers.

I am making a batch of EdWort's Apfelwein for the first time. So, I bought the wine yeast (50 cents) and dextrose (2.50) and got free shipping. Fast service, friendly people, and a great deal!!!

Anyone ever used their kits? They seem very reasonable.

May be the best thing since sliced bread, but a web page with no detailed descriptions, no pictures, nada... Yeast maybe, but would you buy "Wort Chiller 25 ft. Coil" sight unseen?

I'm sure this is a bricks and mortar LHBS (Agway) that branched out to the internets, but didn't do a very good job of it.

I started an e-commerce store (no way relating to homebrewing) and I spent 6 months in development learning php and customizing a open source shopping cart software. It ain't easy. I'm still tweaking years later and it's not half as good as other e-stores I've seen online.

That said, the owner of this store can't expect many web sales from this e-storefront.
If I could Simon Cowell for a moment.. "It's pathetic".

Yeah, other than the fact that their hops are bit high, that is the only complaint I have with Brewmaster's Warehouse. I LOVE their prices and product quality, but they need more pics and better product descriptions.

I was just reading the front page on that website:

"First-time buyers get up to $10 free shipping! (limit 1 per household)"

I read that as the first $10 of shipping is free for first timers. Does the title of this thread not seem to say that, or is it me?

I read that as the first $10 of shipping is free for first timers. Does the title of this thread not seem to say that, or is it me?

I read it the way you did. But if the OP got the free shipping maybe it's worded wrong on the site.

I was just reading the front page on that website:

You are correct - they are a good store for basic brewing equipment and I recommend them for first time buyers. They have good prices on buckets, bottle washers, caps, thermometers and hydrometers etc...

I don't recommend them for hops and ingredients as they are so small and have low turnover - a few packages of my hops were short a few grams and instead of plugs I got pellets.

Back