Neighbors From HELL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, she had keys to 9 properties she was collecting on. I actually managed to squat for six months while they sorted it all out. Ah, college days....
Ahhhhh.... SHE was collecting 8k/month. Not YOU were PAYING 8k/month. That's where my brain went "Buh?"

We moved into a house in 2006 and had no idea about the neighbors. The son's girlfriend lived there with her constantly crying baby. The son kept a constantly barking dog tied up in the backyard. The mother was always peeking out of the curtains to yell at me if I stepped 1 inch over the property line will tending to my house. The constantly drunk ex-husband would arrive at 3am pounding on the door screaming "Open the [goshdarn] door." Ends up the son was dealing drugs and the drunk ex-husband was an active duty local police officer. One summer evening the son and girlfriend were, for some reason, sitting on the front steps in my yard instead of their own when some "business associates" showed up and put 5 bullets in his backside, sparing the girlfriend. The son survived and the family moved shortly after that and the entire block has been a delight ever since.

When I was in HS we lived across the street from this wonderful neighbor. Him, possibly his brother, and his old stoner father all shared the house. He would always come home drunker than a skunk and end up yelling at imaginary people or the neighborhood in general while standing in the middle of his yard. Us and the neighbor next to us (who had a beautiful house manicured lawn and the like) took turns calling the cops on him. I'm pretty certain they were heavily into the drugs as well. Mid-summers day in southwest Missouri, temp in the upper 90's with a heat index in the low 100's. Not a spot of A/C in their shack of a house and all the windows are buttoned up tight with the muffled sound of The Wall escaping. At some point during his stay a lady with a bunch of children showed up and started living in a travel trailer behind the house. By the time they had moved/were evicted they place look like a wasteland. Somehow the land lord rehabbed it enough and a nice Guatemalan couple rented it and were quite as a peep the rest of the time we lived on that street.

Ends up the son was dealing drugs and the drunk ex-husband was an active duty local police officer. One summer evening the son and girlfriend were, for some reason, sitting on the front steps in my yard instead of their own when some "business associates" showed up and put 5 bullets in his backside, sparing the girlfriend. The son survived and the family moved shortly after that and the entire block has been a delight ever since.

That's another bad neighbor catgory I missed 'Hellspawn children'. That's a good one.

We had some teenagers living accross the street from us a few years back. The single-mother was never home and worked a night job, so the house was out of control. She kept it up, but there were packs of teenagers there all the time. There were constant parties, loud music, and underage drinking going on. The cops were at the house a lot.

One Halloween, while the mother was home, the kids threw a huge party. They had many, many cases of beer. There were about 30 kids drinking. It literally looked like a party scene from 'Dazed and Confused'. One of the neighbors finally called the cops. They showed up and were really pissed. They dragged the mother out of the house and threatened to arrest her for letting this go on. They let her go with a warning. The whole neighborhood was in the street watching this go down.

The next morning everyone on the street woke up to find that their mailboxes had been destroyed. Coincidently, the mailbox at the problem house was untouched. Since they didn't know who called the cops they just took it out on everyone, but they were too stupid to realize that leaving their mailbox standing was like a big ole finger pointing right at them.

Of course the police were called again. This time, the lady down the street made a point of letting the kids know she had originally called the cops on them. Bad move on her part. Everyone got new mailboxes, and 1 week later the lady who called the cops woke up to find her mailbox had been destroyed again.

Ballsy kids!

The good news is they grew up and everything kinda fixed itself.

This was my favorite:
enhanced-buzz-31536-1358444914-10.jpg

If that note is from an actual incident I will say that I am impressed by his composure.

teehee, articulate? thoughtful? the proverbial cooler head? Totally! All reasons I married my wife :)

Nudist tenants never look like Olivia Wilde or Salma Hayek. You all consciously know this, but hope there is an exception. Well, there isn't.

First fat guy lives in a nice complex where repair calls get answered in minutes to hours instead of days to weeks. This guy calls maintenance about something minor, so the property manager/fix it guy heads right over. Guy answers the door buck nekkid then feigns embarrassment, and says he forgot he had called maintenance. He casually goes in the back to put on boxers.

Second pasty fat guy is the kind of awesome that deserves an M80 enema. He calls maintenance for a clogged sink drain in the bathroom and answers the door in all his exposed, bulbous glory. His excuse is that he's washing his underwear. He goes back to washing his tighty whiteys in the kitchen sink. He's not embarrassed, no attempt to cover up. Wonder what is plugging the bathroom sink?

Second fat guy also happens to have an apartment on the second story with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool. His hobby is putting a small TV on a dinner tray on the balcony and sitting out in his undies "watching tv" while people swim. It wouldn't be creepy enough if he was just watching the female tenants, but he does it with men and children too. I don't see how he survived this long. I'm several buildings down, so he isn't really my problem.

When you live in an apartment downtown, it's hard to find enough space to have a proper garden. I apparently don't think outside the box, because my first answer would not have been to remove the carpet and break out the cement to plant crops in my living room. I've apparently lived a sheltered upperclass life when my parents didn't have to choose between a floor and food. Landlord didn't find out until they stopped paying rent and found they had moved out.

Same complex, different building, a tenant complained of water leaking from his ceiling. I bet that isn't really something you expect in the living room. The upstairs neighbors had hauled in enough dirt to cover their living room and plant crops. They aren't growing pot, just vegetables to eat. Nothing like fresh peppers from your living room, eh? They were evicted, and some guys were hired to take out dirt with buckets.

Kittens in the Attic

This is first year in my current apartment during the reign of first horrible manager. It's mid Fresno Summer, days over 100 degrees, on a Thursday. There used to be a lot of stray/feral cats in the neighborhood. The cats apparently had a way into the attic of my building, and that is where they had their kittens. The coziest place for them is in a corner of an AC ducting junction. This is located about nine inches off center from the pillow of my bed. The FIRST time this happened, I awoke to horrible kitten crying. I called the manager and told him. He was very dismissive, and said they will leave when they are old enough. I leave for work early and get home late afternoon to the smell of rotting kittens. I call the manager and tell him they didn't leave when they were older, they died, it's horrible, I want it fixed. He tries to tell me he can't get anyone til Monday, weekend, blah blah blah. I'm almost shouting into my phone that I can't live with rotting corpses, I'm not paying rent, I want it fixed. He says he'll see what he can do. Amazingly he found someone who could come out first thing in the morning.

The second time there were attic kittens in a different spot, I collected them and gave them to friends as gifts. The third time I decided my mom was old enough to become a cat lady... [deleted]. The fourth time was right above my pillow again. At 5am I cut a hole in my ceiling, collected all SIX and tried calling suckers/friends to take them. No one would so they got donated to the SPCA to be [deleted]. I dumped a bottle of cologne in the attic and I'm now 5 years kitten free! Still haven't fixed the ceiling though.

feeding cats to dogs is nowhere near funny. I'd rather people spayed/neutered their pets. barring that, if an animal has to die for any reason (even in a shelter), better to be euthanized rather than painfully in the jaws of another animal or by the hands of a sadistic mind. I find nothing in either statement funny.

edit: and yes, I know people feed live mice/rats to snakes. there is a difference between the natural order of the food chain and watching another die for your kicks.

I hate cats. 2 kind of cats in the world. Dead cats and soon to be dead cats

Flame on
I had a cat once, ran away to go live with a neighbor over a mile away... right before he just knew I was fixing to eat him for dinner. Poor kitty.

I'd rather see people spay/neuter too. I'd also rather not have a neighbors cat scratching my car hood or peeing in my garden. I believe it should be an owners responsibility to contain their animal within their domain. I wasn't attempting to piss people of, but I have. Do others have a problem with what I posted? I'll take it down if it's a big problem.

I gave most of the kittens to people who would attempt to raise them, because I will not take care of them, nor put up with 24/7 crying. Those that couldn't be adopted immediately were taken to SPCA. I don't torture animals, and wouldn't give them to people who do either. If SPCA euthenizes then, I don't feel bad. Dogs kill things, cats kill things. I'm not trying to arrange it to happen, but animals kill things sometimes.

PaintedRat said:
I gave the the kittens to people who would attempt to raise them, because I will not. Those that couldn't be adopted immediately were taken to SPCA. I don't torture animals, and wouldn't give them to people who do either. If SPCA euthenizes then, I don't feel bad, blame the guy that abandoned his pets to run wild. Dogs kill things, cats kill things. I'm not trying to arrange it to happen, but animals kill things sometimes.

I wasn't attempting to piss people of, but I have. Do others have a problem with what I posted? I'll take it down if it's a problem.

No prob bob

I had a cat once, ran away to go live with a neighbor over a mile away... right before he just knew I was fixing to eat him for dinner. Poor kitty.

Must have been hungry since everyone knows it takes 2 cats to fill a crock pot:D

Honestly I think if a person takes the responsibility of a animal they should do so knowing that they will have to care for the animal for the life of the animal. For some reason city people find my house a convenient place to drop their unwanted animals off. I have two options and neither is pretty. Kill the animal or drive it into town where sadly it will sit for the three days in a shelter and then be killed.

I really do not like people who drop their pets off thinking I will care for them when I got my hands full with what I got

PaintedRat said:
I'd rather see people spay/neuter too. I'd also rather not have a neighbors cat scratching my car hood or peeing in my garden. I believe it should be an owners responsibility to contain their animal within their domain. I wasn't attempting to piss people of, but I have. Do others have a problem with what I posted? I'll take it down if it's a big problem.

I gave most of the kittens to people who would attempt to raise them, because I will not take care of them, nor put up with 24/7 crying. Those that couldn't be adopted immediately were taken to SPCA. I don't torture animals, and wouldn't give them to people who do either. If SPCA euthenizes then, I don't feel bad. Dogs kill things, cats kill things. I'm not trying to arrange it to happen, but animals kill things sometimes.

Ive got a neighbor with two cats that like to use my house to A) piss off my dog and B) piss me off by not owing a litter box im assuming becuase its all in my yard.
They wont be a problem here soon you can only feign ignorance that its your cats running around the neighborhood for so long before they just disappear.

Man, reading threads like these makes me glad for what I have! I don't have too many stories - in part because I moved into a house ASAP so I wouldn't have to be too close to neighbors.

In my first apartment, our downstairs neighbors loved to crank up the music and party until 3 or 4 in the morning. It wasn't too bad on the weekends, but weeknights really sucked. So I went to Best Buy and bought my first subwoofer. It had a pretty large speaker, pointed straight at the floor. From then on whenever the music was too loud, I'd turn on a techno CD with a driving beat. Then I'd turn down everything but the base, and crank the volume _way_ up until I couldn't hear their music any more. After a couple minutes I'd turn off my music, and sure enough - they'd turned their music off too. I guess it's no fun having a party when the bass from upstairs drowns out your music. ;)

Another time I woke up one morning to find out that our cars were police-taped. The same partiers from downstairs had a couple guys get into a fight, and one of them got stabbed. He staggered out of the party and died on one of our cars.

More recently, I bought a wrecked truck to nurse back to health. I did a bunch of body work on it and was painting it in my driveway, when a cop showed up. He told me that I wasn't doing anything illegal, but that a neighbor had complained so he had to show up. Then he pulled out his wallet and showed me pictures of his mustang that he'd been working on. ;)

Ive got a neighbor with two cats that like to use my house to A) piss off my dog and B) piss me off by not owing a litter box im assuming becuase its all in my yard.
They wont be a problem here soon you can only feign ignorance that its your cats running around the neighborhood for so long before they just disappear.

Two wrongs don't make a right. I guess when the neighbors dog poops on my lawn it's alright to feed Fido a liter of Antifreeze?

Don't punish animals for the misbehavior of their owners. Call the police or animal control and handle it like you belong in society. If you don't then move to the country where you won't have such problems.

maxamuus said:
Two wrongs don't make a right. I guess when the neighbors dog poops on my lawn it's alright to feed Fido a liter of Antifreeze?

Don't punish animals for the misbehavior of their owners. Call the police or animal control and handle it like you belong in society. If you don't then move to the country where you won't have such problems.

We have lots of coyotes and cougars around here I never said I was going to harm said cats. And if I see a dog crap in my yard and I knows who dog it is. I crap in theirs I mean fair is fair right.

I almost wish I had comparable stories. I bought my current house a year ago this past November and since it was fully rented and made me a profit didn't move in until the guy renting the basement moved out in July. Still am renting the upstairs out for mortgage assistance. My tenants and all previous tenants of the house have been in their 20s for the past 5 to 8 years so this house is the trouble neighbors in a neighborhood that hasn't changed since sometime in the 70s. My neighbors consist of my next door neighb or on one side who I finally got to say a word to me last month on one side, whose kid drives a Cadillac with the license plate 'thug lyfe' and kinda resembles DJ Qualls from the movie the new guy. On the othet side a guy who rents to military people that I never see. Otherwise I see people walking dogs and thats about it. Heck even the self proclaimed oldest people on the block are kind and sweet and I only saw the once the day after the derecho hit the dc area.

BobbiLynn said:
Well, that was my younger years, moved back home to the farm now. Still have some exciting days though, chasing off trespassers trying to hunt and fish. Just protecting the family land.

When the cops showed up, again, after the kidnapping, they spotted the get away vehicle right away. Knocking on my door. Hello? How can I help you? Lucky for me, I look like a blonde idiot. Huh? Really? I didn't know... Both lesbians were away in jail for several weeks after that. Ah, some peace and quiet.

Where at in NYC are you BobbiLynn? Always looking for brew buddies.

In college directly across from my condo was a small house occupied by a bunch of Chinese folks. We both had the same landlord and shared a driveway. Frequently I would come home to find their van parked in my or my roommates parking place. Its not like they couldn't park in front of their place, They have a parking in front of their place which is always empty, yet they feel obligated to park on our side. I was never exactly sure how many people were living in the house. Occasionally it appeared there is a laundry service running over there, and every couple weeks they are observed unloading another mattress into the little house, never a frame or a box spring, just a mattress. Apparently they were a minor irritant for my landlord as well. The last straw was one afternoon when I came home from class and was followed in the drive by my landlords son. I parked and got out of my car as his brakes lock up and he begins to back up. Then he stops and calls me over to the truck window. He says "look over there and tell me what I am seeing". I look over and see a few hundred fish drying on the clothes lines both in the porch and outside. Landlords son says "that is what I thought", and drives off. 10 Min later son had dad in tow, stating "you need to go in there and do something about your ******* chineese." They were gone a week later.

PaintedRat said:
Nudist tenants never look like Olivia Wilde or Salma Hayek. You all consciously know this, but hope there is an exception. Well, there isn't.

First fat guy lives in a nice complex where repair calls get answered in minutes to hours instead of days to weeks. This guy calls maintenance about something minor, so the property manager/fix it guy heads right over. Guy answers the door buck nekkid then feigns embarrassment, and says he forgot he had called maintenance. He casually goes in the back to put on boxers.

Second pasty fat guy is the kind of awesome that deserves an M80 enema. He calls maintenance for a clogged sink drain in the bathroom and answers the door in all his exposed, bulbous glory. His excuse is that he's washing his underwear. He goes back to washing his tighty whiteys in the kitchen sink. He's not embarrassed, no attempt to cover up. Wonder what is plugging the bathroom sink?

Second fat guy also happens to have an apartment on the second story with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool. His hobby is putting a small TV on a dinner tray on the balcony and sitting out in his undies "watching tv" while people swim. It wouldn't be creepy enough if he was just watching the female tenants, but he does it with men and children too. I don't see how he survived this long. I'm several buildings down, so he isn't really my problem.

When you live in an apartment downtown, it's hard to find enough space to have a proper garden. I apparently don't think outside the box, because my first answer would not have been to remove the carpet and break out the cement to plant crops in my living room. I've apparently lived a sheltered upperclass life when my parents didn't have to choose between a floor and food. Landlord didn't find out until they stopped paying rent and found they had moved out.

Same complex, different building, a tenant complained of water leaking from his ceiling. I bet that isn't really something you expect in the living room. The upstairs neighbors had hauled in enough dirt to cover their living room and plant crops. They aren't growing pot, just vegetables to eat. Nothing like fresh peppers from your living room, eh? They were evicted, and some guys were hired to take out dirt with buckets.

That's probably the strangest tenant ever.

I live in a rural area. I have 12 acres, my neighbor has 13. I think he's an old hippy. He had an old school bus in the middle of his property, in a field. He had some relatives over one weekend in August to dismantle the bus and take it away for scrap. They started with hand tools, taking it apart. Then they got on the tractor and tipped it on it's side. Now they get out the cuttng torch. In August. In the middle if a dry grass field. the interior of the bus (probably the seat) caught fire and quickly spread to the dry grass. I've never seen such stupid people. Also, I've never seen stupid people move so fast. They did get the fire out before it spread to my side of the fence. That's one example, another has to do with falling a tree, power lines, dry grass (again) and a bucket of water....

I live in a rural area. I have 12 acres, my neighbor has 13. I think he's an old hippy. He had an old school bus in the middle of his property, in a field. He had some relatives over one weekend in August to dismantle the bus and take it away for scrap. They started with hand tools, taking it apart. Then they got on the tractor and tipped it on it's side. Now they get out the cuttng torch. In August. In the middle if a dry grass field. the interior of the bus (probably the seat) caught fire and quickly spread to the dry grass. I've never seen such stupid people. Also, I've never seen stupid people move so fast. They did get the fire out before it spread to my side of the fence. That's one example, another has to do with falling a tree, power lines, dry grass (again) and a bucket of water....

That's hilarious if they aren't your neighbors.

I don't think he's that much of a hippy. Sure they burned a lot of grass but if he was a hippy wouldn't he be living in that bus or atleast using it for a guest room?

Too bad you didn't get that on video. That would have been a huge hit on YouTube.

That's hilarious if they aren't your neighbors.

I don't think he's that much of a hippy. Sure they burned a lot of grass but if he was a hippy wouldn't he be living in that bus or atleast using it for a guest room?

That's a good point.
I failed to mention that these same neighbors built a motocross track in front of their house. I know, that's pretty cool. But to listen to a bunch of two stroke engines all day on an otherwise nice quiet Sunday afternoon gets a little annoying. It kind of goes with the "here do you enjoy your homebrew" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back