Saison Clarity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyLikesIt70

Reaction score
I've just dropped a partial-grain Saison into my 5gal glass carboy for the 3 month nap. It's really cloudy. I would like to clarify it to give it a more authentic look.

It's been in the carboy for only a couple of weeks now, but my question is what can I drop in to clear it at this point, without killing fermentation, and when would be the best time to do it this far into the process?

Thanks!

Mike

Just let it sit It will clarify once fermentation is done and the yeast starts to clean up

I agree, from my experience, usually about 4 weeks after the start of the fermentation should see things clear up. Remember you're looking at what is effectively a giant glass, so you are trying to look through a lot more beer than if you were judging clarity on a pint. Consequently, what might look hazy in the carboy might appear crystal clear in a glass. :)

Back