leaf necrosis?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lincoln

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have two first year plants that are in over all good health (WTF do i know anyway) but some of the older leaves have necrosis around the edges:
IMG_0543.jpg

the are planted in containers with good potting soil with extra sand added for drainage. i added dr earth 5-7-3 fertilizer + a bout a cup of alfalfa pellets.

watering varies, i had been watering about once a week until we had a cold spell and now that it is hot again i water when the soil is just moist about 3" down (works out to be 5~9 days depending) The verities are Goldings and Chinook.

more photos

any ideas?

thanks link

I have the same thing going on. Most of the leaves on the lower two feet have died. I was concerned but now there is new growth, new shoots coming from where the leave use to be.

Same here, although the necrosis on my plants has gone a little bit higher (5 feet). All very healthy, 18 - 22ft, first year and full of hops / burrs, but the bottom leaves are struggling. New growth and smaller leaves are replacing the dead stuff. I'm not too concerned.

I've got the same thing going on my lower leaves. Mine are first year plants and have quite a few flowers ranging from early stage burrs to fully formed whole hops. Rest of the plant looks great w/ new grown every day.

Back