Brewery Logo Inside

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpgsr

Reaction score
Well, all of our beers have there own images and "logos", I would rather call it artwork, but we decided that since our beer is getting into more peoples hands that we should name the brewery and create a logo for it as well. Here is the first draft of what I am sure will be like 50 revisions and will never look anything like this.

Let me know what you think and what I can do to make this much better. The black is not part of the design, rather a holding background while it is being built.

Brewery-Skull-colored-Draft1.png

Thanks
Mike

looks awesome. i might rotate the skull so that it is in line with the shield. other than that, it looks pretty sweet man.

I posted this on one of the forums that I own and one of the members took it under their wing.... I will have a professionally designed one soon.

I didn't like it straight, and there are several reasons, but the biggest is that I really wanted it skewed.

I don't know... a little too IRA for my tastes :p
(<---- British)

Kidding aside, looks nice!

I actually was looking for some old IRA logos from around 1916 ;) for my inspiration, but I didn't find anything that I liked.... Most of them we guns and such.

I think that it will be hard to read the writing if it isn't "cleared" up a bit. A bit too wavy currently.

That was my new designers issue. She said the I looked like a J

It is just some font that I downloaded from the web. I am sure that she is going to make it a ton better.... I am just anxiously awaiting the first draft from a real designer.

I think that it will be hard to read the writing if it isn't "cleared" up a bit. A bit too wavy currently.

I'm with Matt on this...Especially with the "IRISH" part. It took me a second to realize what it actually said. My mind was trying to force "JEWISH" on it for some reason.

I never have understood the fasination that americans of irish decent have with the IRA/ irish rebellion, it is one of the reasons i no longer live there, and it is a dark splotch on irelands history, personally i would tone down the whole IRA feel, its quite cliche. there is nothing wrong with being proud of your history but there should be limits IMHO.

LOL. I am not pro or against the IRA, but it was not a dark point in Irelands history. Rising up against a tyrannical gov't like that of Brittan is not a bad thing. The Americans did it why not the Irish.

As for my personal history, my Ancestors moved here in the early 1900's to escape all of that. Infact my Great Great grandfather was a bootlegger during prohibition and ran a speakeasy. It is only fitting to me to brew beer i guess :). Nothing on that logo is based on IRA... I just looked there for some ideas and found nothing. The three stars on the banner is a part of my family crest hence the shape of the outline around the whole thing, The skull is for the rebel part (not Rebellion, Rebel), and the trinity which is commonly defined by the irish as the basic elements of the earth, Fire Earth Water. we want to design a slightly different one that is the basic element of Beer, but this is a rough draft.

I have a feeling that the designer is basically going to scrap my whole 2am design and make something better. That is my hope at least.

I never have understood the fasination that americans of irish decent have with the IRA/ irish rebellion, it is one of the reasons i no longer live there, and it is a dark splotch on irelands history, personally i would tone down the whole IRA feel, its quite cliche. there is nothing wrong with being proud of your history but there should be limits IMHO.

My one comment about the design since this is a comp/concept and not a final was going to be are you Irish Catholic or Irish Protestant? If protestant, keep the orange/add orange. If Catholic, add green take away the orange.

As for CDbrews comments I find them interesting. I'm very intrigued by what goes on over on those islands. I'm of Scottish descent, got more Native American in me than Irish. Hope one day to live in Scotland for a few years.

I used a story in one of my sermons a couple months ago about a rather prominent episode that ultimately helped the peace process in Northern Ireland. (I could look it up, but I'm too lazy) It was the story of a man's young daughter being killed in an IRA bombing. The protestant IRA equivalent groups wanted to retaliated. He insisted they didn't. He was so bold as to approach the IRA and forgive them. He planted a seed that grew to peace.

The fact is that conflict is a direct result of British governmental involvement. The British moved troublesome Scots to N. Ireland and rewarded wealthy loyalists with land in N. Ireland. Essentiall there's always been a rivalry even war between the Irish and Scottish. The english took advantage of the situation by forcing the two sides to fight, while being smart enough to place loyalist as the power brokers. It's a lot bigger and more complicated than that and is directly linked to the numbers of Scottish and Ulster Scots/Scotch Irish peoples in the US. Many are mistaken and think Scotch Irish is a reference to a combined lineage. It's a reference to the Scottish people uprooted from their homeland, mostly Gaelic speaking Jacobite leaning highlanders, and forcibly relocated to Ireland. Following the second Jacobite uprising the British made it illegal to wear Tartans, or identify oneself as a part of a clan in any way, even outlawing the native language.

Being unwanted and suffering from the potato famine much like the native Irish they too fled for America. The true Irish settled in the north, true Scots in the south, and Scots-Irish in Appalachia and southward. All that is too say that justice would have been served if the Scots & Irish would have joined forces to fight the brits instead of one another!

Enough history lesson... I'm a big soccer fan and follow several European leagues including the Scottish Premier League. The biggest rivalry there is between the Glasgow Rangers and Celtics (go Rangers). Look up the songs and you'll understand something of the hatred between the Irish and Scots... and Brits for that matter.

To further understand the dynamics between protestant vs catholic in the area reference Fox's Book of Martyrs.

Schlante,
Phillip

:tup:
Great post. You seem VERY informed on the old conflicts (some still existing).

I am honestly neither Protestant or Catholic. My family is all Catholic though. The stripe was originally Red to match my coat of arms, but it looked out of place.

Back