Brew crew names...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
I am looking at starting a small group here in Spring Hill, TN

I have a few people already interested..

I am trying to think up an acronym that would be good for it.. so any help would be great!

My thoughts

Spring Hill Yeast Tossers (Shyt)

Spring Hill Ale Makers (Sham)

dunno.. creative minds, have at it..

SHAMU = Spring Hill Ale Makers Union - You'll need to collect dues for those JD barrel aging projects right?

ABOLISH = Ale Brewing Order Located In Spring Hill - Fitting since Spring Hill was a non-violent prelude to the Battle of Murfreeboro/Franklin/Nashville in 1864.

SHAZAM = Spring Hill Area Zymurlogial Addiction Meetings - Advertise your group brew as the Gomer Pyle Parti-Gyle!

ABASH = Ale-Brewing Alliance of Spring Hill

MASH = Making Ales in Spring Hill

RAASH = Real Ale Alliance of Spring Hill

SHUSH = Spring Hill Union of Serious Homebrewers

You got a good one with "SH", you can incorporate that in a few ways :D

****TINS = Spring Hill Incorporated Trustees of Terminating Ice-cold Near-beer Sales

Chriso has some real nice suggestions, but I couldn't stop thinking about this on my morning run so I figured I'd throw out a few more. I'm partial to SHAZAM since I remember coming home from school to reruns of Gomer Pyle USMC. Hope you find one you like and get your club off the ground.

CASH = Cooperative Alemakers of Spring Hill

CLASH = Cooperative Lager and Ale Makers of Spring Hill

DA MASH = Derelict Ale Making Association of Spring Hill

SHUSH = Serious Homebrewers United in Spring Hill

SHUTTLE = Serious Homebrewers United to Teach Libation Enlightenment

Birch.. you are one funny guy. Everytime i read that SHAZAM line i crack up..

Well.. I am still trying to get a group together.. so someday we will have a great list to pick from.. thanks!

Thanks, I'm just glad I could help out and throw a few ideas out there without killing the thread, which seemed to be my luck for a while there. I know TheBN has a few podcasts on getting a club started, and I agree with the premise that if you have one other person coming over to brew then you have group. Might as well have fun with it and let the beer do the talking. I guess if you're outside Nashville a group named CASH might bring out a few folks and you could brew up some Ring of Fire Imperial Red Ale or some Boy Named Sue Belgian Stout.

I guess if you're outside Nashville a group named CASH might bring out a few folks and you could brew up some Ring of Fire Imperial Red Ale or some Boy Named Sue Belgian Stout.

I was thinkin' the same thing. Gotta love Cash-themed beers! :D

Back