Major Foul-Up in my MLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatz

Reaction score
So I brewed about 5 days ago and everything went as according to schedule. (Biermuncher's 3 Crops)! :D

However, I accidently forgot to clean out the MLT. I've got a 10 gal rubbermaid circular cooler. I got home tonight and tried to move it and realized it was full! :confused:

So I peak inside and it smells like a hooker with a yeast infection! There's some nasty patches of white mold on the top of the grains. I dumped it out and now I'm cleaning it out with 170 F water and some scrubbing with dishwasher deteregent. :(

Do you think I can put some Oxyclean in that bastard and let it hang overnight? I'm sh!tty at the very least....:mad:

Definitely Oxy Clean. Let it soak for a couple of days if you need too. Rinse thoroughly and then sanitize. I let some grain sit a couple of days after a family emergency took me away from a brew session. I wound up using a mild bleach solution to sanitze with, as even oxyclean and star-san wouldn't get rid on the stench completely. Good Luck (Sorry for the repeat BM, too slow on the trigger)

thanks guys. jesus this sucks!!!! :mad:

So mixing bleach and Oxy wont give me headaches and make me pass out? Good to know. That's gotta be a brutal cleaning combo! :mug:

Back