My chile beer is too spicy, can it be fixed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseRYC

Reaction score
Hello fellow homebrew talkers, I have recently made a chipotle chile beer. When I racked it into the keg, the hydrometer sample I took tasted way too spicy. Is there anyone out there who has had this problem in the past? Is there any way to dull down the spiciness or is it a lost cause?
:confused:

It will go good in chili. Or you could cook some really bland food and drink the beer for additional flavor. Or just mix it with other beers when you drink it. What about opening a couple and making a glaze and reducing and serving with steaks. Sounds like it could be fun to find uses for it.

How many chipotles did you put in it? I'm toying with the idea of doing a similar beer soon and am curious "how much is too much".

How many chipotles did you put in it? I'm toying with the idea of doing a similar beer soon and am curious "how much is too much".

I started with 4 oz of the whole dried peppers and then took out the seeds and veins to reduce the amount of heat they would give off. Ended up with 2.57 oz.

I'm in the blending camp on this one. Brew the same beer again without the chipotles & play with a blending ratio that suits your tastes.

Wait. Age that bish.

Put the keg away and try it in a couple of months.

And btw.. you're in AZ, why the hell would you want anything hot!? Don't you get enough of that stuff in summer? :D

Back