What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sixpoint Bolshoi. I've had a lot of great imperial stouts recently, and this one just doesn't measure up.

Rahr and sons wheat wine @ the flying saucer in Fort Worth

image-3178829613.jpg

I'm Drinking some 4 loko Grape. Tastes like Grape coolade with one helluva Alcoholic kick (12%). I wish this stuff would have been around in my college days :drunk:

Last India Brown Ale. Astringant as helll and possibly oxidized. Its one that was better early on-didnt age well, its probably over a year old or more- I noticed it going downhill after a 3-4 months. This pic didnt do much for it but it has a nice blood-orange glow and is pretty clear. Wow pics form my wifes camera phone is as bad as my brokenish 4yr old dinosaur phone.

Image12202013201847.jpg

I'm Drinking some 4 loko Grape. Tastes like Grape coolade with one helluva Alcoholic kick (12%). I wish this stuff would have been around in my college days :drunk:

I had 2 of these in one hour last year in Vegas. What a wild night that turned into. Ghetto as hell but worth it. Finishing-up this Lagunitas. Looking for more.

Wow. This is good! Nice spices in the nose with a hint of bourbon barrel. Flavor is about the same. The spices aren't overdone, but I would like at least a bit more bourbon. Over all it's very good. Glad I have another in the cellar.

image-1652495852.jpg

Wow. This is good! Nice spices in the nose with a hint of bourbon barrel. Flavor is about the same. The spices aren't overdone, but I would like at least a bit more bourbon. Over all it's very good. Glad I have another in the cellar.

I was a little disappointed in that (it might have been muffled because of the cold) but 002 was better. Much more barrel. It was like a jack and coke with the spices. I got one still that I might open or do a vertical of all the series

How do you stop the double pic posting?!?

It's been reported to TxBrew and passed along to the vendor. No ETA on a fix though.

This is really good. Though I didn't get much saltiness.View attachment 167155

Wow - it was like getting smacked upside the head with a salt lick for me.

Gah. I was having a great day, till I got in a car accident. So now my whole morning tomorrow is shot too with getting my car to the shop and getting a rental car and having to take a drug test since it was my company vehicle on company time.

Ending a sh#$ day with a sh@& beer. Port City Tidings. I love this brewery normally, but they screwed this one up. It's not bad enough to dump down the drain, but it's not what it should be. WAY overspiced this year.

Sorry to hear - that really sucks. Hopefully they'll get it turned around quickly.

I think this is my first JP. Noel de Calabaza, on tap. Pretty excellent.

Had some subpar stuff earlier, but officially toasting this to being a first-time homeowner! Closed today.

Congrats!

DisturbdChemist said:
I was a little disappointed in that (it might have been muffled because of the cold) but 002 was better. Much more barrel. It was like a jack and coke with the spices. I got one still that I might open or do a vertical of all the series

I was expecting to be a bit disappointed because of what you said about it, but I'm actually really enjoying this. I do wish there was more bourbon barrel character in it. I never had 002, so I don't personally know how it compares. But over all a very nice brew. The aroma is incredible.

nukebrewer said:
Sounds good to me. Got that HB in the fridge, BTW. Now my selections for the night will consist of:

1 x 22 oz Double Bastard (11.2%)
1 x 22 oz Sweet Repute (12.6%)
2 x Sixth Day (8.3%)
2 x Elm City Pils (5.0%)
3 x Gandhi-bot Clone 1.0 (8.8%)
3 x Gandhi-bot Clone 2.0 (8.8%)

Nice line up. I need to pick up a Double Bastard.
I've been wanting to do a bastard night. 1 Arrogant, 1 Double, 1 Lucky, and one Oaked.

dcHokie said:
Just popped into a local bottle shop and found out they were doing growlers of 2011 Espresso Oak Yeti. Friday just got interesting, lets do this!

Sweet!

DisturbdChemist said:
Picked a up an oaked chocolate yeti yesterday. I should open that one. It was bottled in march. Yummy

Doing a Indiana Jones marathon (not the horrible new one)

What? You don't dig the alien story line? ;) They were way too desperate to make another one.
My favorite is still Last Crusade.

I know im gonna get bashed for this, but I am sippin on the bud lite. Broke abd at a friend party cant beat $12 a case. Feel like im drinking water, if you live in NC save a fellow brewwer.

DisturbdChemist said:
I like raiders and last crusade. The temple of doom wasn't good.

About to get bombed. 22oz of 17%

I think you'll be feeling a little something after that. You might even be fine with watching Indiana Jones 4. :p

Latest posts

Back