Good Brew Pub in Burlington VT?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
I'm heading to Burlington for the weekend and I'm wondering where the best micro-brews are at?? Please don't even suggest Magic Hat. I've been there and done that. Not impressed with Magic Hat.

Where can I go to get something brewed in house on tap??

i was only able to be in burlington for a few hours, so if magic hat is out then i don't have much to suggest there. If you can make it to Middlebury, though, the Otter Creek Brewery is nice. A much smaller and friendlier operation than magic hat and they make good beers, as well. They are even nice enough to open up some of the bottled beers they have so you can give it a taste.

On fridays they open up some of their cask ales. When i was there it was their Pale Ale that was dry hopped with EKG and Fuggles... amazing.

If you can make it a bit south to Waterbury, the Alchemist (http://www.alchemistbeer.com/) is a must visit. The beer is top notch and the food is pretty darn good as well! Doesn't open until 3pm and food doesn't start until 4, but highly recommended.

In Burlington, my favorites are -
- Vermont Pub & Brewery (http://www.vermontbrewery.com/) which usually has a good assortment (from mild to wild) of their own brews on tap.
- American Flatbread, Burlington Hearth (http://www.flatbreadhearth.com/) which has about a half dozen of their own brews on tap along with another dozen or so quality selections from other brewers. And, great flatbread pizza - but often crowded.

I would pass on the VT Pub and Brew... Food is not all that great, and they only have a few consistent brews on tap that are worth it.

I'd say the drive to Waterbury for the Alchemist is 100% worth it, and is where the lady and I agree to take all of our in town guests! Super Beer, Super chill atmosphere and amazing local based menu!

If staying in Burlington and want an amazing selection of beers on tap, head to the American Flatbread... open wood fired oven, great atmosphere, amazing pizza and beers galore!

my 2 cents

I would definitely agree with everyone else about The Alchemist if you can make it down to waterbury. If not, American Flatbread was always a standby for me in the few years that I lived in b-town.

The Shed, in stowe,vt is also an alternative... skiers bar/restaurant but good small batch beers of their own on tap.

Alchemist is good, but plan on waiting for several hours on a weekend night for a table... it is also VERY noisy, if that bothers you.

I would pass on the VT Pub and Brew... Food is not all that great, and they only have a few consistent brews on tap that are worth it.

I'd say the drive to Waterbury for the Alchemist is 100% worth it, and is where the lady and I agree to take all of our in town guests! Super Beer, Super chill atmosphere and amazing local based menu!

If staying in Burlington and want an amazing selection of beers on tap, head to the American Flatbread... open wood fired oven, great atmosphere, amazing pizza and beers galore!

my 2 cents

A second vote for the Alchemist. Yeah you will drive a little to get there but it is well worth the effort. Plus you can stop at the Ben & Jerry's farm for ice cream afterward.

Long Trail has a great pub at their brewery. Really tasty pub food, all the LT brews on tap, plus a great assortment of merchandise. It's in White River Junction, on Route 100, I believe.

Looks like the spots closest to B-Ton have all been listed, but since I see LT (Bridgewater Corners) I'll add a few for anyone willing to drive a few hours..

Bobcat Cafe in Bristol Cool pub, good food, interesting beers brewed there
Norwich Inn in Norwich (DUH!) just North of White River Jct off 91
Trout River in Lyndonville, yup pretty far from B-ton, but cool spot that opens at 4. Flatbreads, pub-type menu and some mighty tasty Imperials brewed there.

Back