This AG Conversion sponsored by the IRS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkaBoneBenny

Reaction score
So I just found out I'm getting a good deal more back from The Man on my taxes than I thought. I've been planning on making the AG conversion this summer, but buying equiptment a piece at a time. It looks like now, the IRS has provided me with the sponsorship I needed!

Anyways, this is the Cajun Broiler/Turkey Fryer I'm looking at right now:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000291GBQ/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
The Bayou Classic!

Is this going to be too small? It seems fairly highly recomended, although smaller than many of its counterparts. I would assume this would give me enough firepower to easily do 5 gallons batches. Are 10 gallons going to be a bit of a stretch? I'm rather new to this scale of fire and cooking all together.

I've got myself a used mash system, thanks of JeffG. Now all I need is the Brewpot and Wort Chiller. Bring it on!
-Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if any of you noticed this but there's a small section in the IRS code that says if your hobby expenditures are more than 2% of your income (and you have receipts of course), you can claim it as a deduction. I thought that was pretty awesome, but then again that's a lot to get past the CFO without objection.

Back