Hello from Huntsville, AL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myrdhyn

Reaction score
First time brewer here in Huntsville, AL. I have a Nut Brown Ale in the fermenter now. I decided to do it right the first time, so I have all the parts for kegging in my office, just filled my CO2 tank, and now I just have to track down a fridge or freezer to put it all in.

Smart move on kegging. I tried the 5L mini-kegs first, bad experience. And I hate bottling.

Haven't been in Huntsville since I was working on the Space Station project. (Back when it was Space Station Freedom & only $10 billion bucks)

did ya get your stuff from kegkits.com.... thats in huntsville.... its where i get all my stuff

Yep, I visited kegkits local location Saturday which is less than 2 miles from my apartment, and I spent over two hours talking/picking out things with the owner and one of his regular customers. I purchased everything I needed (except brew pot and thermometer which I already had), stopped at Walmart on the way home to grab water, and then I went home and brewed!

Picked up my fridge for my keggerator at Lowes saturday. I managed to get the Frigidaire model that is so similar to the Sanyo 49xx everyone loves as a dented unit for $40 off the regular price.

Welcome...I'm also in Huntsville. There's some great information on this site. Also, check out Freethehops.org. Good 'Bama organization trying to get the ABV limit increased to 13%.

Cheers,
Lee

Back