New to using BeerSmith, but I like it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmckee56

Reaction score
As a new brewer, I was reluctant to purchase the software and actually downloaded the Demo several weeks ago. It expired before I actually had a chance to review it.

So, I went ahead and spent the loot, to get the key, to open the software up and use it. Again, as a new brewer, I am very light in knowledge related to beer brewing and as I used the software today, I was quite happy with the perfromance and features. I entered the recipes I have done to date and it sets up a really nice recipe sheet you can print out. With all the other features, I am certain to improve on my skills and eventually move up to AG brews.

So anyway........ I have seen many others refer to using this software and just wanted to know if others think it is as good or better than some of the other programs out there?

Salute! :mug:

I just downloaded the free trail today, is it user friendly. I'm going to give PM a try and was told it would show you how much water to use. You could enter the amount of extract you were using and it would show you the Alchol, all kinds of cool stuff. I just don't know how. Did you just use the information help bars to get through it. It would be nice to have a book on it. I'll probbaly end up buying it as appears to be the best one out, just hate learning a new program.

Ben

I really just started playing with it today, so I can't offer much to answer your questions. It has loads of useful information and there is some detail on determining amounts for water and for evaporation rates.

Try your demo out for a few days and I am sure you will make the decision to purchase it.

I downloaded the Demo version and then when it had expired, I simply paid for my subscription using PayPal. I received a code to enter into the software which appears when you first start the program and after that, it was 100% operational. The original screen should direct you to the proper web site to make a payment.

I do not know if you can purchase it as a CD or not. Sorry.

I love Beersmith. One bonus with it is that the author is a member here. I had a problem recently due to me being a klutz with my computer which led to me losing my recipe files. I posted a question in this forum's software section about it, and within 2 or 3 days Beersmith posted the solution. It rocks!!

Back