sanke coupler and tailpieces

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
Since I'm fermenting in a standard American Sanke nowadays, I need to get a coupler and I'm looking for the best deal, any ideas? I'll need the 1/4" threaded flare adapters like the ones from Williams in the pics below. I'm not a big fan of Williams so I'd rather get it elsewhere like Austin Homebrew Supply or one of the other guys. The Williams stuff is $30 for the coupler and $14 for the adapter tailpieces... where else can I look? I couldn't find the tail pieces at b3 or AHS.

D44.JPG
D92.JPG

Oh - and while you're ordering, take a moment and buy a fistful of extra washers for the tailpieces...

could you just ferment with your carboy cap, then keep taking samples with a theif, and when you reach the right level, slide in a sanitized sankey stem and lock it in, and let it finish fermenting in the keg?

Another option might be just to ferment it out, then rack it to a second sankey (purged with CO2), add priming sugar, slide in stem, and lock in place. Let sit warm another 21 days to carbonate... like a giant bottle (I sometimes "keg-condition" in cornies).

Back