How much coffee do you drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
On any given day, how much in ounces do you consume? I love the taste and the effects of coffee. I am probably around 24-32oz or 3-4 standard sized cups myself ...

Too much. I don't know how many ounces are in a pot, but usually it's about a pot just for myself. I like three mugs in the morning while checking email, then I can wake up.

A lot. I drank a pot today by myself. Of course I started this morning at about 7.30 and just had my last cup at 2.30. So that may not be too bad.

I drink maybe 12 oz (max) about twice a week. I've only found one or two coffees that I really like; most leave a gross taste in my mouth after I've finished them. I'm a black tea person, the stronger the better, and that is definitely my preferred morning beverage.

I start my day with 2 canned doubleshot's, chase that with a big cup o black. Now, as the weather cools more and more my taste for hot drinks will heighten.

On the coldest of days I find that I don;t stop drinking coffee until I get a caffeine headache.

:drunk:

I only drink home-brewed coffee that I grind myself. Everything else tastes like crap.

I generally have a cup a day. Any more and I'll be overly shaky or starving to death by 10 AM.

So much, it's criminal. I'm a f*ckin freak about it. I get locally roasted gourmet sh*t, keep it in foodsaver containers in the fridge, and grind it just before brewing. On weekends, I french-press, on weekdays I drip. I'll sometimes throw some espresso in there for a "redeye", or just a shot on its own, or an americano. I love it all.

In all, I'd say I drink a total of about 4-6 cups a day on a normal day. I think my trusty travel mug holds 3.5 cups, and I have another cup with breakfast. Sometimes I'll have some in the late afternoon too. It's my addiction, and I loves it.

I used to drink quite a bit of coffee. Then I got a small coffee pot for my office, and it was downhill from there. I was making about 2 or 3 small pots during the day. Eventually I started always having a sour stomach. So I stopped drinking it altogether, and the sour stomach left. I switched over to Tea and mostly drink that, although I will have maybe 3 or 4 cups a week nowadays.

I drink about 3 or 4 cups between the start of my day noon. In the afternoon I switch over to diet soda or tea.

Usually not during the week, only weekends when I'm hanging around. It used to be 2 mugs a day, but I honestly like being able to wake up without it.

I was a big coffee drinker for years- set records for caffeine intake as an undergrad and graduate student. Now I limit myself to an cup or so per day on the French press (gotta grind the beans yourself, dude!) and find myself drinking far more tea and yerba mate. It's much easier on my stomach and I find I just enjoy it more.

1 big travel mug every morning, without fail. grind it myself and brew drip through a starbucks "barista" machine with a stainless filter.

I actually had 3 today. I promised my younger daughter a trip to Dunkin' Donuts before school and one can't go there without getting coffee. First time I've had bad coffee from there. I'll be avoiding that particular location from now on.

I like tea. I was really pissed when I arrived in the US and found that you guys threw my advance shipment into Boston Harbour! :mad:

You guys? None of us was there.
If you guys hadn't done that whole taxation without representation thing you'd still have your stash.
And it's Harbor, dammit.

I'm not talking about the revolution. I'm talking about 2001! What the hell is the problem with US customs!

I'm not talking about the revolution. I'm talking about 2001! What the hell is the problem with US customs!
Oh, sorry. In that case, make a trip to Boston Harbor. I'm betting it's still floating around somewhere. They haven't bothered to clean that thing since, oh, the Adams administration (John, not John Quincy).

I drink about 14 oz every morning (or evening) on the drive to work. I have a keurig machine and it rocks. Its so fricking simple and easy. I am missing the part that punctures the bottom of the Kcup though so I have to use a meat injection needle.

Barely a drop. I love good coffee, but caffeine and I don't get along so well. Go figure, I'm more into depressants. :D

In any case, I still like a nice cup after a good meal from time to time. If I ever need to wake up, though, a quick walk does me much more good than a cup of coffee.

TL

TL

I brew up a small ibrik of Turkish coffee about two or three times a week (about the same amount as 4 shots of esspresso). Usually in the evenings when I get home from work, or on the weekends. I don't drink it for the caffine, but because it's mighty tasty.

Edit: Also the grinding and brewing process, not to mention the aroma, is rather relaxing.

I need to get a 2nd French press for work. The stuff in our cafeteria is garbage, and the pots in the kitchens on each floor are wired to use a full pot's worth of water. {Oh, you only want 2 cups? So sad for you!}

I don't mind sharing, but I'm hesitant to make a full pot of the good stuff with cretins who probably won't appreciate it.

I need to get a 2nd French press for work. The stuff in our cafeteria is garbage, and the pots in the kitchens on each floor are wired to use a full pot's worth of water. {Oh, you only want 2 cups? So sad for you!}

I don't mind sharing, but I'm hesitant to make a full pot of the good stuff with cretins who probably won't appreciate it.

Just means you need to drink more then!

anywhere from 2 pots to too much. There are times I have 2 pots of coffee before I leave, then get a large (16oz) before I get on the subway, then have more on my way into work.

With a name like mine I'm not surprised.

And I mostly brew Pete's at home. Good stuff!

B

anywhere from 2 pots to too much. There are times I have 2 pots of coffee before I leave, then get a large (16oz) before I get on the subway, then have more on my way into work.

With a name like mine I'm not surprised.

And I mostly brew Pete's at home. Good stuff!

B

Holy crap! Do you know off hand if Pete's makes K-cups?

32oz a day, fresh ground half calf blend put through my conical grinder. I have been lazy and using the gravity fed pot for awhile, but I usually use a manual drip maker heating the water to exactly 192*F. Yes, I am a coffee snob, it carries over well into my other hobby, whatever that is. :eek:

Coffee must be dark black and thick - of the truckstop variety - and then I'm happy. I drink a cup at home and fill up a mug that holds probably 2 cups at work. That keeps me going till lunch.

I don't like drinking coffee after noon though. I switch to sweet tea at lunch and supper.

None for me.

I can't stand mocha anything - ice cream, desserts, drinks... blech!

I've had a couple coffee stouts that were ok. I do love a good stout that has those coffee-like flavors from the roasted malts. Go figure.

I hate coffee. yuck. I can't stand the taste, and that much caffeine will have me climbing the walls all day. I rarely even drink caffeinated soda. I'm hyper enough as it is.

I'd say I have about 16 oz / day on average. Mostly Dunkin Donuts coffee during the week b/c it's near my office. Weekends I tend to brew my own.

1 big cup if when I'm home: conical grinder, french press. I use a teapot to heat the water so I'm probably above the recommended water temp of 192-202.

When I'm out and about it's one or two double espressos.

If I don't have my hand in a cow or on a dog, it is usually holding a coffee mug... Caffine is the only way I function by the end of a week.

Anywhere from 1 cup to an entire pot. Depends on how many tests I have and how many hours they keep me in the classroom where I can't study.

Back