? about ingerdients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JACKAL0729

Reaction score
Ok you guys are full of information. I have a few kits that i am thinking about getting for my first brew. They are a continental light, a pilsner, a canadian ale, or a pale ale.
Since it is almost spring and the temperature is changing. What would the best beer be to brew in a 60-80 degre temperature. I am leaning twoard the the continental light but i am not sure what the temps are for the beers. Thanks for all the help you can provide.

My guess is that the kits use the same yeasts, and would all have about the same temperature requirements. The only possible exception would be the pilsner- if it's really a true pilsner, it would be a lager and if it had lager yeast, then it would need to be fermented at 50 degrees. But, most kits don't have true lagers in them. Even the Octoberfest kit I bought last summer was an ale and came with ale yeast. So, brew what you want!

Back