Buying the right keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacGruber

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a summit kegerator and it comes with a coupler to attach to kegs - usually Victory :mug:. I want to start kegging my own homebrew and I want to know which kind of keg to buy. I know that most people use soda kegs, but can the coupler attach to a soda keg? I've been brewing for about a year and a half and am SICK of bottling. I'm REALLY new at kegging so any help is appreciated. Thanks everyone!

i believe there are adapters that fit soda to sanke, but could be wrong. i'd check AHS or similar.

You could keg using sankey kegs, but they can be expensive and harder to assemble/disassemble for cleaning and filling. Your sanke coupler will not work for soda kegs, but it's easy enough to buy some corny kegs and disconnects to use with your kegerator. You could then put MFL tailpieces on your sankey coupler so you can switch back and forth between the two keg types.

I had the same question, only I am wanting to be able to tap Sanke kegs in my homebrew kegerator.

Kegconnection sells a conversion kit, it is explained here.

Basically, you can cut the gas/liquid connects off your current lines, and attach the homebrew disconnects. Modify your sanke tap as shown in the video, and you will be able to use your disconnects on both sanke and homebrew kegs.

Back