Keg Polishing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfernoBrews

Reaction score
Ok i have seen it on here before but havenot been able to find the thread, Got me some Kegs to polish and Make shine! They are my new Brew Kettles! They will look alot better with a lil buffin/polishin!

Anyone have any guidence or links that would help would be Great!

Thanks in Advance!

In the Diy project locator I think is where you'll find the thread by Bobby_m

I picked up a old but complete ShopSmith from the curbside a freebie find that has a varible speed drive then I added a Variac Autotrandformer to slow it down to 40 RPM's. The ShopSmith will handle 16 1/2" diameter objects.
With steel disk bolted to the faceplate that has 3 nuts welded around the edge allows for 3 allen bolts to bite inside the bottom skirt to center and drive the keg with a live center at the filler neck. After dressing down any sharp burs I went at it with a 9" body grinder / buffer with different grit flap wheels then buffing compounds.
All I had to do is hold the buffer on top and let the lathe do the rotating, no ass busting with the keg rolling around. This was for a friend as I do not care what the kegs look like under the insulating wrap as I want functioning brewing system not shining art work.

Brewing equipment doesn't have to be ugly, though most of it seems to be that way!

Back