Saphir hops question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRTBREW

Reaction score
I'm looking to do an american IPA for my next brew. At this point my plan is to use 1.1oz marynka pellets 60min, .5oz amarillo 15 min, .5 oz amarillo 1min, and dry hop 1oz amarillo.

I have found a good deal on some German Saphir Pellet Hops, and was wondering if I could replace any of the hops I'm planning on using with these?

Thanks

I haven't heard of them either.

There's not even much on teh googlze...

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=saphir+hops&start=10&sa=N[/ame]

Looks like ROgue has used them in their 10,000 brew ale and some people are using them in Pilsners...

But the info is scant....

Wow thanks guys. I suppose I'll order some of these to try for aroma. Here's the link. Let me know what you think.:mug::confused:

I used them recently as a sub for hersbrucker in a wheat. I haven't tasted the finished product yet. Good replacement for noble hops I've been told. I would definately give it a shot as the aroma was very promising.

Back