BeerSmith Dates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psymonkey

Reaction score
Perhaps someone can help me here. I'm a bit groggy and trying to figure out where I can adjust dates in Beersmith. It seems kind of rigid in that regard, but maybe I'm just missing something.

I tend to be pretty laid back with my fermentation schedules. I adhere to a general set of minimums that I never break but have no problem leaving a beer in the fermenter longer than my original intent. I brew more than I can drink, primarily for the love of it and end up with a pretty full pipeline more often than not.

So my question is: Is there anywhere that I can enter the date I actually kegged my beer, or in the event of a secondary when I actually racked and took the gravity readings?

I see on a per-recipe basis I can change things like number of days in the fermentation or carbonation profiles. I can enter it there if necessary though I'd like to be able to just enter a date for when things occur like I would in a real brew log. I'd think this would be a pretty common desire, though maybe people stick to the schedules more than I?

The calendar can only be updated through the recipes themselves. What you can do is use the brew log - so on brew day, instead of using the recipe in your "My Recipes" folder, make a copy of that recipe into the brew log. Brew as normal, and then if you make any adjustments as far as racking, kegging etc... if you modify the _copy_ in the brew log, the calendar will be updated in turn.

I'm not aware of another way to handle it

I sent a request to brad to allow us to set bottling dates, etc, instead of having to specify a length of time. He said he was going to look into improving the calendar in general, so maybe there's hope.

I sent a request to brad to allow us to set bottling dates, etc, instead of having to specify a length of time. He said he was going to look into improving the calendar in general, so maybe there's hope.

Hopefully it gets pulled into the Beersmith phone apps as well. Right now im tracking everything on my google calendar that way i get alerts, and can set milestones for tasting of things that need to age for 6+ months like Meads/Ciders/Imperials...its kind of a pain though and not very elegant to see exactly whats doing what.

The calendar can only be updated through the recipes themselves. What you can do is use the brew log - so on brew day, instead of using the recipe in your "My Recipes" folder, make a copy of that recipe into the brew log. Brew as normal, and then if you make any adjustments as far as racking, kegging etc... if you modify the _copy_ in the brew log, the calendar will be updated in turn.

I'm not aware of another way to handle it

Thanks! I hadn't been using the Brewlog, though I had created a folder called Brewed Recipes which as far as I can tell is the same thing? I find with Beersmith I frequently feel like a dolt - the program is so disjointed in ways that I miss features and or functions such as send to brewlog :fro:

Cool! The calendar definitely needs work, though I do appreciate it's existence, so that's only a partial complaint ;)

Back