Siebel Institute of Technology Web Courses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm signed up for the on campus concise course October 28-November 8 as well as the master brewer program beginning in February 2014

Fill us in when you complete the concise course. I'm still debating on taking that one. Not sure if I'd go to the campus or take the web based.

I'm taking the concise course now, I was using it as a stepping stone to get into the associates program and I'm glad I did. There are some concepts that may be taken for granted in later courses. If you've never worked at a commercial brewery this is where to start.

I'm taking the concise course now, I was using it as a stepping stone to get into the associates program and I'm glad I did. There are some concepts that may be taken for granted in later courses. If you've never worked at a commercial brewery this is where to start.

Are you taking the web based program?

How was your academic experience in Chicago? You make a good point about having the official schooling under your belt when it comes time to gather partners/investors.
I very appreciate anything you are able to pass on.
Cheers!
Paul-

BGates14:

I am in the final week of the 3 week online course. As far as things that I have learned, I can tell you that you can pretty much get the same things from reading alot, watching every video on youtube an talking to as many people as you can who are in the business. Paying close to $850 for the online course may not seem feasible for someone who is looking to just get some knowledge for home brewing. It is, however, great for someone who is planning on going into the business. It has taken all the information and knowledge that I have gathered over the last 2-3 years and condensed it into an actual learning format. I am also going up on Nov. 28-30 for a three seminar course that discusses brewery and brewpub operations. All in all, I have spent close to $2000. Is this a good investment? I believe so, but if I could take the time off to actually attend, I would have done that instead of the online course, because I believe hands-on training is better than discussions and reading. email me at [email protected] if you want to talk more about it and I can give you some information that could be useful.

ChefJoeR, now that some time has gone by, how do you feel about the Executive Overview of the Brewing Process course? Would you recommend this one or skipping it and going for the Concise Course? How are your plans for the brewpub going?

Back