What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kapooyah!

image-1790531519.jpg
Now I remember why I need to pick up more of this.

Now watching Troy.
Orlando Bloom=sucks
Eric Bana=good actor
Diane Kruger=Hawt as ****!

NEBCO Elm City Pils from the can. Moving on shortly to my bottle of Sweet Repute.

I assume you are talking about Nebraska brewing company. I live in Nebraska but have no tried it because of price so am interested in your opinion as well.

My bro on law just brought some Founders breakfast stout and BC Barleywine for a late bday present. Life is good!

Reggie22 said:
I assume you are talking about Nebraska brewing company. I live in Nebraska but have no tried it because of price so am interested in your opinion as well.

My bro on law just brought some Founders breakfast stout and BC Barleywine for a late bday present. Life is good!

I believe he's talking about New England Brewing Co.

Interested to hear what you think. Its a easy find for me but @ around $15-17 a bomber I'm hesitant.

It needs to warm up a bit more, but right now I am not getting much other than boozy alcohol character. The aroma is definitely characteristic of a big barleywine, boozy and malty. I'll report back on the second pour for a post-warming review.

20131221_001500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

I believe he's talking about New England Brewing Co.

Wes is correct. My NEBCO is New England Brewing Company. Sorry to get your hopes up, Reggie, about getting an opinion on the one you were talking about.

BGBC said:
I think this is my first JP. Noel de Calabaza, on tap. Pretty excellent.

Had some subpar stuff earlier, but officially toasting this to being a first-time homeowner! Closed today.

You in Brooklyn tonight? Barcade is a great bar. Always good stuff on tap there.

BGBC said:
Sixpoint Bolshoi. I've had a lot of great imperial stouts recently, and this one just doesn't measure up.

You are in Brooklyn. Congrats btw on the place. Whered you move to?

It needs to warm up a bit more, but right now I am not getting much other than boozy alcohol character. The aroma is definitely characteristic of a big barleywine, boozy and malty. I'll report back on the second pour for a post-warming review.

Wes is correct. My NEBCO is New England Brewing Company. Sorry to get your hopes up, Reggie, about getting an opinion on the one you were talking about.

Bummer. I was hoping to get an opinion without having to buy it. Maybe I will break down some day

Almanac honey saison. The honey wasnt very detectable. Really more of a belgian blonde type flavor going on in this one. Pretty good.

image-1943383935.jpg

You are in Brooklyn. Congrats btw on the place. Whered you move to?

New place is in Jersey City. Probably moving sometime in January.

But there is a new LHBS opening up about 5 blocks from the new place, so that's good news.

Interested to hear what you think. Its a easy find for me but @ around $15-17 a bomber I'm hesitant.

So I'm on the second pour and yeah... it's just really hot and boozy. The bourbon and maple are coming through, but the boozy heat just doesn't make it an enjoyable beer. I would still get one or two, but hang on to them for a couple years before drinking.

nukebrewer said:
So I'm on the second pour and yeah... it's just really hot and boozy. The bourbon and maple are coming through, but the boozy heat just doesn't make it an enjoyable beer. I would still get one or two, but hang on to them for a couple years before drinking.

Hot and boozy, just like I like em.....
;)

Headed into my 12-day vacation from work. Of course, I've got three kids ages 6 and younger, so by the end of that 12 days, I'm going to be DAMN ready to go back to work!

Drank a Lagunitas Sucks.
Then drank a few homebrew session IPAs.
Now I'm on my second homebrew dark rye IPA.

I'm feeling happy :mug:

Figured, especially with molasses. Anyway, having another of these gems. New Holland Incorrigible White BA Sour.

ForumRunner_20131221_014701.jpg

Water. Getting ready to drive up to NYC for the day of running around, seeing a show and getting a nice dinner that I don't have to cook!

Good luck. NYC is really tough during Xmas week.

Coff here.

Black tea. Trying to decide what to brew. Was going to do BdG, but threw the stirbar and lost some yeast when they flask foamed over. Will probably do a cream ale instead. I'm about out of the whole corn I've been using, so if I do brew cream ale, I going to have experiment with corn meal.

Fell asleep last night in the middle of drinking my Backwoods Bastard. Woke back up at about 5 and finished it.
Now drinking water.

Fell asleep last night in the middle of drinking my Backwoods Bastard. Woke back up at about 5 and finished it.
Now drinking water.

Atta boy.

Couple saturday morning grav samples here. Oerbier inspired brew from last Saturday is at 1.019. Very please with the results. Wondering what the brett I pitched with the sacc and lacto in primary will do to FG. Need to pick up another 5G secondary so I don't have to leave it on the yeast for bulk aging. Pale ale I added brett to is down .002 to 1.011, but still visibly quite active. Not sure how long I'll let it go before bottling. If I had an idea of where this strain will finish, I'd like to dry hop and bottle to let it carbonate. Might throw some Nelson in there for a week and bottle still if it's hit 1.008 by then. That would save me from having to buy yet another better bottle.

Coffee after a few out of the Sam Adams seasonal 12er (my wife picked it up thinking she might like a few but didn't) BC Barleywine, Founders breakfast stouts and a couple of home brew stouts last night and a two year old to wake me up this morning

Drank a lot last night. Had four pints of tank 7 at dinner, came back and kept drinking and almost got this bad boy for free, didnt work out tho :(

2013-12-20 17.40.16.jpg

So did you not get it or did you and have to pay up?:D
Coffee, after breakfast.

Didnt get it. It was a gift to the girlfriends parents and her mom doesnt drink so she offered it to us before dinner. The GF told her we couldnt accept it!!!! I figured by the end of dinner I could have talked her into letting us take it but it didnt happen :mad:

mcbaumannerb said:
Water. Getting ready to drive up to NYC for the day of running around, seeing a show and getting a nice dinner that I don't have to cook!

Awesome. Enjoy your trip. What show are you seeing?

Got my rental, my car in the body shop, took my stupid mandatory drug test.

At least I'm getting a proper breakfast out of it. Eggs, bangers, bacon, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms. And beans. Washing it down with iced mango ceylon.

Plan to hit the hard stuff early and hard when I get home.

Beer Camp #95 imperial red ale.

ForumRunner_20131221_171644.jpg

I really like red IPA type beers.

Currently cooking a big Christmas dinner with friends before I go home to the parents on Monday. We went to see the Muppets Christmas Carol earlier. It was fun.

Back